When Will the 2020 MLB Season Begin? (Poll)

24fps

Start of the 2020 Season  

149 members have voted

1. 1. When will the 2020 season begin?

• Sometime in April
    • Sometime in May
    • Sometime in June
    • Sometime in July
    • No 2020 Season at All

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/20 at 04:59

18 hours ago, Ripken said:

This will get worse into early April and start to subside after.  A short spring training in late June and an 81 game season starting in July (so I said June in the poll).  No ASG.

81 games?  I'm okay with that.  No 100 loss season.  See?  There is an upside to all this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UpstateNYfan said:

I am becoming more pessimistic everyday. At this point I think MLB should plan an 81 or so game schedule, with divisional and regional teams. Allow rosters to expand with 4 roster spots for pitchers until innings can be built up (do away with the new rules applying to relief pitchers). I'd rather see a realistic plan than some thing thrown together. If you can't get in at least half the schedule it is rather pointless IMO.

If it's an 81 game schedule, fine.  I'd like to see them use it as a referendum on the stupid three batter rule to see that it's garbage so they can rule it out for a 162 game season.

Even then a World Series winner after 81 games just isn't the same.  It'd be nice to have baseball though.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred having conference call at noon advising all teams to shut down their facilities. Several GMs are bracing for delay now as late as July

It is crazy that he had to tell teams this.   All those IVY league degrees in management and they couldn’t figure this out in their own.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's not going to feel like normalcy again until next summer.  

If the estimates that we can expect somewhere from 40%-70% of the total population to become infected over the next 18 months are accurate, normal will never be the same again. Hopefully, they will develop some drugs to treat the virus while creating and testing a vaccine. 

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

If the estimates that we can expect somewhere from 40%-70% of the total population to become infected over the next 18 months are accurate, normal will never be the same again. Hopefully, they will develop some drugs to treat the virus while creating and testing a vaccine. 

Yes, a therapeutic right now is needed.  

• Upvote 1

Even the President is now saying the worst of the outbreak could last till August. Season is probably over but maybe the virus fools us and stops earlier. Doubt it but viruses do what they want.Fauci said it might be an outlier and end sooner 

TRUMP on the timeline on the end of the coronavirus: “People are talking about July, August, something like that. … Could be longer than that."

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Even the President is now saying the worst of the outbreak could last till August. Season is probably over but maybe the virus fools us and stops earlier. Doubt it but viruses do what they want.Fauci said it might be an outlier and end sooner 

TRUMP on the timeline on the end of the coronavirus: “People are talking about July, August, something like that. … Could be longer than that."

Fauci has some credibility but I doubt that he really knows when it will end either.  At least right now.

Case in point: I drove into Nashville yesterday afternoon and cruised through lower Broadway where it's honky-tonk after honky-tonk over a 3-4 square block area, just to see if business had been affected.  Nope, it was rockin' just like every Sunday afternoon.  Packed.  They have platforms towed by tractors with bars on them that people hire to get drunk and dance on while driving around downtown.  Packed.  Pedal bars - packed.  Music blaring out of every doorway, and so on...

Crazy and more than a little scary.  Sane and responsible people have no defense against this.  

20 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Fauci has some credibility but I doubt that he really knows when it will end either.  At least right now.

Case in point: I drove into Nashville yesterday afternoon and cruised through lower Broadway where it's honky-tonk after honky-tonk over a 3-4 square block area, just to see if business had been affected.  Nope, it was rockin' just like every Sunday afternoon.  Packed.  They have platforms towed by tractors with bars on them that people hire to get drunk and dance on while driving around downtown.  Packed.  Pedal bars - packed.  Music blaring out of every doorway, and so on...

Crazy and more than a little scary.  Sane and responsible people have no defense against 

Just best quest estimate based on data.No one can predict a new virus 

2 hours ago, 24fps said:

Crazy and more than a little scary.  Sane and responsible people have no defense against this.  

City tells honky tonks to close down but they refuse:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/coronavirus-kid-rock-nashville-bar-remain-open-215225753.html

• Thanks 1