MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Typo? That's 1.1% of their salary. From that they can extrapolate to deduct 100%? I don't understand.

That is per game. If you miss 1 game you lose 1.1 percent. If you miss 5 you lose 5.5 percent.

• Upvote 1

But the NBA  doesn't have minor leaguers making $15k a year. That's suspending millions dollar contracts. MLB is different. It's pretty shitty way of doing business if many of the minor league guys might not be able to even afford to get home.

1 minute ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I think I calculated at some point that if the top 25 contracts donated 1% of their yearly salary it would be like $5-7.  More than enough to help minor league players for 3-4 weeks.

Zion Williamson said he was covering arena employees in NO for 30 days.

I read that a Cleveland(?) player donated 100K to cover stadium and clubhouse employees.

We live in such worrisome times I was looking forward to the calm induced by following my O's and Hanging-out about them--not despite, but especially because it was to be a rebuilding season (I enjoyed 2019). It will be interesting to see how 2020 turns out.

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

We live in such worrisome times I was looking forward to the calm induced by following my O's and Hanging-out--not despite, but especially because it was to be a rebuilding season (I enjoyed 2019). It will be interesting to see how 2020 turns out.

Be an interesting few weeks.Perhaps longer.But hopefully real testing will happen next week. Containment should also help somewhat.Do something fun inside and don't watch cable news or on internet news all the time.You will go into either a depression or panic mode.

8 hours ago, scOtt said:

No reason to give Gov. Cuomo disparaging titles. Especially when he is not German. Beyond political.

JUST. DON'T. GO. THERE.

Maybe he really meant "Heir Cuomo," as he spelled it, not "Herr"--since the former governor was his father.

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Be an interesting few weeks.Perhaps longer.But hopefully real testing will happen next week. Containment should also help somewhat.Do something fun inside and don't watch cable news or on internet news all the time.You will go into either a depression or panic mode.

?

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Next December maternity wards everywhere will be overwhelmed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, atomic said:

Next December maternity wards everywhere will be overwhelmed. 

You can get pregnant from a four player monopoly game? Who knew.I can see that with Risk or Stratego.New meaning to "you sank my Battleship".I  guess in checkers  jump me has new meaning.Chess: " I am taking your queen". Go fish?

Ok,I will go back into the abyss 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

You can get pregnant from a four player monopoly game? Who knew.I can see that with Risk or Stratego.New meaning to "you sank my Battleship".I  guess in checkers  jump me has new meaning.Chess: " I am taking your queen". Go fish?

Ok,I will go back into the abyss 

Twister can get kind of frisky if it's done properly.

• Like 1

Good to see the worst team in baseball step up.Now hopefully the second worst team will do something. Angelos family talks alot about a living wage in Baltimore and other economic issues. Now is the time to act on this.

Ilitches set up $1M fund to pay arena, theater workers for next month https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/2020/03/13/ilitches-set-up-1-m-fund-pay-arena-theater-workers-next-month/5043914002/