How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

3 hours ago, atomic said:

Yeah MASN isn't going to pay for KBO games.  I think Belarus and Sweden haven't locked down. Maybe they could get some hockey on.  Sweden probably has a higher quality of hockey than KBO has baseball. 

Nah. Curling.

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

MASN could offer more in rights fees than the $0 ESPN bid.  But not much more...

Belarus and Nicaragua still have soccer going on.  But I don't think you can watch either of them here in the States. 

Bet you I have a link to watch...

On 4/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, atomic said:

The states that have been hit hard are at their peak. Arizona and Florida are still on their way up. According to the models New York can open up at the end of May and Arizona at end of June. Florida in the middle of June.

Those models have been about as accurate as predicting snow in July. 

Florida with a huge population and an older one has under 1000 deaths. Does Florida not get the flu? The fear over this is becoming unreal.

-More and more data that this has been here far earlier than previous thought. 

- data that heat and humidity kill this 

- data that this preys on the elderly and/or those with underlying issues. 

-in NY a study of 5700 patients. 88% had more one the comorbidities. 94% with at least one. The median was 4. 

- CDC data- not complete- but clearly showing where the ages in death are occurring. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

This virus was brutal in NY, New Jersey area. Perhaps up to 50% of deaths from that area. This thing is not killing young healthy Americans. There isn’t one scientific data point that says it is. There is no reason we can’t start to slowly return to our lives while protecting those who need it at the same time.  

• Upvote 1

Sorry if I got to far off topic but I am really getting frustrated with all of this. I see no reason why we can’t start playing games soon. 

It would be best served to have 10 teams in each state but the issue in Arizona is only one dome stadium. I would switch Texas and Houston with Minn and KC and move those 2 teams to play in Arizona. Play each team 3/4 games each for a total of 27-36 games and see where we are. That buys another month. 

AL NL east in Florida 

AL NL Central minus Minn and KC in Texas adding the Rangers and Astros

AL NL West in Arizona. Adding in Houston and Texas. 

Of course you could just keep teams in those divisions if concerns the Texas teams would have advantage. If we have to move 2 teams from Arizona prolly best with all the spring homes to go to 12 teams in Florida. Maybe play game a day at Arizona spring facility when it isn’t 9,000 degrees. 

• Upvote 1

My guess is they will have the put a player on second base rule starting in the 10th inning. If you are cramming 3 games a day in one stadium can’t have games going on forever. Heck maybe ties? Play each of other 9 teams in your league 3/4 times each is where the 27-36 games comes from. Could also play teams in your real division say 5 times each while other division 2 games each. Total of 30 games there.  

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

My guess is they will have the put a player on second base rule starting in the 10th inning. If you are cramming 3 games a day in one stadium can’t have games going on forever. Heck maybe ties? Play each of other 9 teams in your league 3/4 times each is where the 27-36 games comes from. 

What happens when Mike Trout dies. Does his family own all the franchises

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, weams said:

No politics  Many younger people in high contact jobs have died. and no we are not doing data crunched here. I've had friends die from this so let's let it drop. 

Fine. Wasn’t tying to be cavalier about death. My sister in law knows someone herself. 

If they can’t move teams back to their homes then play entire seasons in those homes. Have 4 playoff teams in each league. 12 total. Top 4 teams get a bye. 8 WC teams. Go from there.  

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

My guess is they will have the put a player on second base rule starting in the 10th inning. If you are cramming 3 games a day in one stadium can’t have games going on forever. Heck maybe ties? Play each of other 9 teams in your league 3/4 times each is where the 27-36 games comes from. Could also play teams in your real division say 5 times each while other division 2 games each. Total of 30 games there.  

Hmmm... could be a perfect excuse to test a bunch of pace of play modifications.  Tell everyone the game is over after 2:30, whether you finish or not. 

In the book I'm reading there was a bit about how fans in the 1890s were getting a little upset about games taking two hours, when everyone was used to 90 minutes.  Tell the players it can be done, we're just not sure if they're up to it.  Make it a competitive thing.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hmmm... could be a perfect excuse to test a bunch of pace of play modifications.  Tell everyone the game is over after 2:30, whether you finish or not. 

In the book I'm reading there was a bit about how fans in the 1890s were getting a little upset about games taking two hours, when everyone was used to 90 minutes.  Tell the players it can be done, we're just not sure if they're up to it.  Make it a competitive thing.

There were 2 hour time limits growing up in Little League and Babe Ruth.  You would be amazed at the number of untied shoes, untucked shirts, missed signs that need a conference with the 3rd base coach for the winning team after an hour and forty-five minutes.

5 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

There were 2 hour time limits growing up in Little League and Babe Ruth.  You would be amazed at the number of untied shoes, untucked shirts, missed signs that need a conference with the 3rd base coach for the winning team after an hour and forty-five minutes.

You give teams three timeouts.  If you stop the game after that you get penalized in balls/strikes, then outs, then forfeits if you keep it up.