Owners submit new economic plan to union : UPDATED

Tony-OH

9 hours ago, atomic said:

I think the NBA and NHL are handling this better as we aren't hearing this public bickering.  Really it doesn't help the players or the owners to argue about more on this.  It makes them look both greedy and harms the sports image in this time where most everyone is suffering in some way.  I don't really care how they divide up the money.  Just go in a room and get it done.    Both sides would lose with a shutdown with NBA and NHL starting in the middle of summer.   I am sure cable subscription numbers will be down due to thie economic reality of the situation.   They already have the shame of the cheating scandal. They want to back that up by not playing because of money?

I just keep thinking about and lamenting how the three most outspoken MLB players were Bryce Harper, Blake Snell and Trevor Bauer. 

You could not have possibly picked a more douchey bunch of bros in baseball, and their comments have aged so poorly over the past few weeks. I think there's almost an expectation amongst pro athletes that the fans will get behind them whenever it comes to player pay vs. the owners. For my age and demographic, I can say this is definitely the case. When I read the reactions of other online MLB communities, which largely make up a much younger crowd than the Hangout, they were ready to grant Sainthood to Blake Snell and Trevor Bauer. It all just makes me so depressed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

I just keep thinking about and lamenting how the three most outspoken MLB players were Bryce Harper, Blake Snell and Trevor Bauer. 

You could not have possibly picked a more douchey bunch of bros in baseball, and their comments have aged so poorly over the past few weeks. I think there's almost an expectation amongst pro athletes that the fans will get behind them whenever it comes to player pay vs. the owners. For my age and demographic, I can say this is definitely the case. When I read the reactions of other online MLB communities, which largely make up a much younger crowd than the Hangout, they were ready to grant Sainthood to Blake Snell and Trevor Bauer. It all just makes me so depressed.

Depending on the forum I wouldn't use it to gather  widespread beliefs.   Baseball fans tend to be older and more successful than say the general reddit forum member.  

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So Drungo was on Reddit yesterday?

I was, but I don't have an account or ever post.  I go there because whenever I look up what's wrong with my 3D printer Google always takes me to some Reddit thread that invariably has some partial answer that doesn't really fix anything.

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I was, but I don't have an account or ever post.  I go there because whenever I look up what's wrong with my 3D printer Google always takes me to some Reddit thread that invariably has some partial answer that doesn't really fix anything.

So is it fixed?

And you are using it to build scale models of 19th century ballparks right?

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So is it fixed?

And you are using it to build scale models of 19th century ballparks right?

For the moment it seems to be good.  I was having issues with a connector I'd reused when I upgraded to an all-metal hotend. 

I need to do that.  I wonder if I could build Union Park in Tinkercad?  Yes, I should do this now that I have accurate dimensions.

• Thanks 1

• weams changed the title to Owners submit new economic plan to union Tuesday
  • weams changed the title to Owners submit new economic plan to union
2 hours ago, weams said:

That seems fair. If you are cutting players pro-rated salary that are making the league minimum they won't be getting much.  If players don't want to play fair enough.  But they will get a lot less money not playing.  And I am sure free agent contracts will be mostly for next to nothing this off season.  I don't know why the need for public announcements from the players.  Tell the league what you want changed not the public.  I can't get them paid.