Who is to blame if there is not MLB baseball in 2020?

wildcard

53 minutes ago, scOtt said:

That's my biggest fear. I've never said it on here before but I live at home with my mother. In the house with the famous balcony. She's 82 and has chronic breathing problems among other things. I'm 57, almost 58. My weight and BP and cholesterol is down but I'm far from healthy. I eat processed crap mostly, drink way too much and smoke two packs a day. I am highly at risk and fear that when I go out for groceries or tobacco or beer or whatever that I will pick up on something and bring it home and infect mom. And she will NOT survive this.

So I glove up and mask up religiously. I go out to 3 stores? I use 3 pairs of gloves. I wash my masks with anti-bacterial periodically. I'm as careful as careful can be. I take this crap serious af!

Balcony.jpg

The "famous" balcony.

You know you can get groceries and beer delivered?  The death rate is low for even people are age and I am sure there are a lot of smokers in are age bucket. It might be a good time to consider quitting smoking or at least cutting back to a pack a day.  

1 hour ago, atomic said:

You know you can get groceries and beer delivered?  The death rate is low for even people are age and I am sure there are a lot of smokers in are age bucket. It might be a good time to consider quitting smoking or at least cutting back to a pack a day.  

groceries yes. Beer no, not in PA. Anyways, I'm safe enough. I worry but I do what I have to do to stay safe.

When I'm working I do only smoke a pack a day. Little more.

9 hours ago, scOtt said:

That's the worst fear in this! And people slam the CDC like they change their minds every day so I'm just going the do whatever the F I want to do.

That's STUPID. They change their minds because NOBODY understands this confounded virus yet! Data and our (collective) SLIM knowledge of this virus changes daily, weekly. So until we get a handle on it we need to do the best and simplest things we can to slow it down. Which is is WEAR A GD MASK when you're out! Stay tf home. Don't be out at bars and baseball games and bowling and haircuts where you are either spreading or picking up this virus. Ignore politicians. Listen to medical professionals who are trying their best to combat this.

It's hard to listen to them when Youboob, Fakebook, and Gurgle remove any dissenting opinions from their own.

• Upvote 1

I know the players have the skills that makes the team to be successful but how much money is enough?  The owners have all the risks and expenses with no guarantee to make money.  But I still blame the players and the union.  Scott Boras is a cancer to baseball.

10 hours ago, scOtt said:

That's my biggest fear. I've never said it on here before but I live at home with my mother. In the house with the famous balcony. She's 82 and has chronic breathing problems among other things. I'm 57, almost 58. My weight and BP and cholesterol is down but I'm far from healthy. I eat processed crap mostly, drink way too much and smoke two packs a day. I am highly at risk and fear that when I go out for groceries or tobacco or beer or whatever that I will pick up on something and bring it home and infect mom. And she will NOT survive this.

So I glove up and mask up religiously. I go out to 3 stores? I use 3 pairs of gloves. I wash my masks with anti-bacterial periodically. I'm as careful as careful can be. I take this crap serious af!

Balcony.jpg

The "famous" balcony.

Totally understand about your fear of the virus.  But, you could also fall off your "famous" balcony.  (Or would it be "infamous"?  Always get those two confused) 

Or you could even get sucked into a sink drain.

3f26112eda6eafd7932adf8f7aac23f92435dd38

19 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Really?  We all know that the underlying cause of the season not being played is the virus.  But we have 2 sides who are trying to figure out how to deal with the aftermath.   And in that negotiation both sides are taking specific positions that we,  as fans,  can look at and decide which is being the most reasonable and which side is doing their part to see the game we love start up again.   Sorry if you find that 'silly', but it is what it is. 

If people want to debate about the owners and players debating about how much who should get paid and who's losing more money, go for it.  I find it tiresome, I'll go do something else.  Maybe it that's I'm done with most debates on the internet, which usually devolve into warring factions shouting past one another.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If people want to debate about the owners and players debating about how much who should get paid and who's losing more money, go for it.  I find it tiresome, I'll go do something else.  Maybe it that's I'm done with most debates on the internet, which usually devolve into warring factions shouting past one another.

Or, maybe, one could just throw them in a ring.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, MongoBoy said:

Totally understand about your fear of the virus.  But, you could also fall off your "famous" balcony.  (Or would it be "infamous"?  Always get those two confused) 

Or you could even get sucked into a sink drain.

3f26112eda6eafd7932adf8f7aac23f92435dd38

I only go to the door sill! That balcony is sketchy as hell! I'd be afraid to put my weight on it at the far corner end. ?

And yes, quite INfamous. The stories it could tell from over the YEARS...

Sounds like NBA and NHL playoffs will be going on in July and August.  I think most people will be fine if baseball skips a year.  There should be plenty of alternatives this summer.  

Really with the Astros and Red Sox. scandal,  the ball that is juiced a million pitching changes and openers , everyone striking out all the time and so many teams tanking there isn’t much reason to watch anyway.  Take a year off and come up with plans on how to fix the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Phillies are in cost-cutting mode. Owner John Middleton told full-time employees in an email Monday that the team’s projecting losses of “substantially more than $100 million” in 2020

https://www.inquirer.com/phillies/phillies-john-middleton-pay-cuts-2020-coronavirus-20200601.html?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Philly.com+Sports+Twitter+Account&cid=Philly.com+Sports+Twitter+Account

On 5/22/2020 at 12:00 PM, wildcard said:

That is not what I think Olney is pointing out.   Sure the virus has caused a delay in the season and restrictions on how they will play in July and after, if they play.   But what Olney is pointing out is that the two sides are far apart on the money issue of how the players are paid for the season.   And that may cause the season not be played.

To all this I say, who cares?