Mike Wright

BradyBunch

17 minutes ago, BradyBunch said:

Its weird watching Mike Wright pitch a decent game in the KBO. He slimmed down and has control. So weird. It's like all he was was KBO level. Lol.

Sometimes it's good to be humbled. Maybe he'll be back in the MLB in a few years with his new body and control.

I'm just glad that there are places in the world where a guy can make a good living playing baseball even if they're in their late 20s and are not quite good enough to be major leaguers.  That they have to go to Japan or Korea is a symptom of the broken minor league model.  

No sports league should be 95% development and 5% winning.  When that happens really good players like Mike Wright basically get told to quit because they aren't quite at the top level and are never going to get there.  Much of the rest of the world has multiple tiers in sports leagues, and if someone wants to keep playing until they're 40 or 45 they have that option even if they're not at the very highest level.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, BradyBunch said:

Its weird watching Mike Wright pitch a decent game in the KBO. He slimmed down and has control. So weird. It's like all he was was KBO level. Lol.

I would reckon his newfound "control" is really just that his strikes aren't getting blasted into the upper decks nearly as much in Korea. 

But good for him, I'm glad he's still pitching and getting to do his thing. He's probably a lot happier these days.

4 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I'm just glad that there are places in the world where a guy can make a good living playing baseball even if they're in their late 20s and are not quite good enough to be major leaguers.  That they have to go to Japan or Korea is a symptom of the broken minor league model.  

No sports league should be 95% development and 5% winning.  When that happens really good players like Mike Wright basically get told to quit because they aren't quite at the top level and are never going to get there.  Much of the rest of the world has multiple tiers in sports leagues, and if someone wants to keep playing until they're 40 or 45 they have that option even if they're not at the very highest level.

Well said.

• Upvote 2