O's lose practice game 6-to-4 after rain shortens

weams

19 minutes ago, murph said:

Apologies for the lazy question, but just getting home and was hoping to catch a little of the game this evening, but was that rained out? It looks like MMA on masn.  

Never mind. Went to the game thread which I probably should’ve done in the first place and saw that the rain ended it.   

Are people actually deluded enough to think Davis is anything but a complete waste of a roster spot who's going to inevitably be worth negative WAR? I'm not mad about it at this point, since there's no reason to get rid of him yet. I've accepted it.

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Velocity was way down, but we've seen this before early in the year.

Yeah he mostly stinks in ST. He has a real issue with getting amped up in ST games and non-save situations sometimes. Hopefully he finds his velocity because 92 ain't gonna cut it. 

1 hour ago, Spl51 said:

Are people actually deluded enough to think Davis is anything but a complete waste of a roster spot who's going to inevitably be worth negative WAR? I'm not mad about it at this point, since there's no reason to get rid of him yet. I've accepted it.

What are you talking about?? Didn’t you see him mash that glorified high school pitching in spring training??? 

1 hour ago, Spl51 said:

I have full confidence in Davis being able to avoid being worth negative WAR if used in the correct manner.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I have full confidence in Davis being able to avoid being worth negative WAR if used in the correct manner.

Fully agree. 

Man, though.. he is straight up JJ Hardy in the wheels department these days. Looked like he was running through cream cheese last night. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• He’s having a start to the season like Baker had last year. Webb is very underrated. “Everyday Webby”. Gotta thank the Angels for that gift. 
    • The A’s have an unprecedented situation, given the flux of the franchise and not having a future permanent place to call him right now. So their situation is a little different to begin with. However, you might be right, they might take the risk not to trade him. But teams NEVER build around a closer (even one who appears to be as dominant as Miller). They are going to be bad this season and next with or without Miller because their team is not strong enough to get him enough chances and to win enough games independent of him. They do not have enough hitting talent to challenge TEX for the division or make a legit run as a wildcard.  They would be better off trading him (while they can before a possible injury occurs) because they need so much help. If the Orioles were devoid of org talent like the A’s were it would have made sense to move a Mullins. But considering at the conclusion of ‘19 that we had drafted Adley and Gunnar (by then) AND we had a young Mountcastle and Hays and Grayson and Hall (who was still considered a very good prospect) and we had a very high pick coming the next year. I would say our situation is MUCH DIFFERENT than their situation is. The cupboard is pretty bare in their system.
    • McKenna and Hicks.  We can go 8 LHH vs RH SP and 8 RHH vs LH SP. Actually 9 if we rested Gunnar ever. Matchups baby. 
    • 12.2 IP 1 ER in the Yankees series. Now we get to add Suarez. Hopefully, Suarez can be another Cano. Wishful think for a guy to return to the USA and suddenly become an All Star legend reliever, I know. But it’s what we need.  Webb is also having a great year.  Besides Kimbrel, the pen’s only “con” is that only Akin and Cano have options. I like Baumman, and he’s survived, but it sure would be nice to fire up the Norfolk shuttle and always have a fresh one of Vespi, Baker, Krook, Ort, and Heasley, in the pen to rotate through on a nightly basis. 
    • The M & M & M Boys should be big this weekend! Monty - Mateo - Mckenna. My guy Mullins still got work to do on that swing.
    • Mayteo should start over Urias. 
  • Popular Contributors