Harvey latest Oriole headed to IL with elbow tightness

Roll Tide

“I think the chances of him breaking with us are extremely slim.”

No matter how the news is packaged, it’s disturbing due to Harvey’s injury history, which includes ligament-reconstructive surgery in his elbow in 2016. He was healthy in spring training and at the beginning of summer camp, but moved into a dead-arm period.

“It’s muscular and it is in the elbow area, so we’re not concerned about it at all,” Hyde said. “It’s just a little tight, so we’re being conservative with him, we’re monitoring him. I haven’t heard how he’s doing today yet, but it’s something where he is progressing, is feeling better and hopefully he’s with us soon.”

From quoted article 

49 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I guess now Sisco is the last guy we are holding our breath on healthwise.

And when you mean "holding our breath" you mean vaguely watching Roch's blog to find out whether the backup catcher will be ready to go or another back up catcher will replace him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

And when you mean "holding our breath" you mean vaguely watching Roch's blog to find out whether the backup catcher will be ready to go or another back up catcher will replace him.

Exactly!

Hey, he was the #4 prospect in our system just 3 years ago.

3 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Hunter unfortunately is just one of those guys who are just not meant to happen. 

It sure seems that way.  He is still young so maybe there is a faint glimmer of hope remaining.  Feel sorry for the dude.

12 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Don’t you still have Holaday ahead of Sisco? Holaday, after all, is a real catcher.