Orioles At Boston 7/24 Opening Day 2020

weams

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

I turned the TV back on and gosh these announcers are awful.

Devers must be annoyed that he’s gone 0-3.

Philip, no offense dude... you are harsh as hell. None of these announcers are as bad as you say. (Ok, Hunter is...)

They're really none of them as bad as you say. At least for the other 95% of us. I don't know what standard you expect but you're NEVER going to see it.

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

Philip, no offense dude... you are harsh as hell. None of these announcers are as bad as you say. (Ok, Hunter is...)

They're really none of them as bad as you say. At least for the other 95% of us. I don't know what standard you expect but you're NEVER going to see it.

And the reason I said "no offense dude"... it gets OLD constantly hearing you ragging on them ET AL.

Why not give it a break?

16 minutes ago, Bill Swaggerty said:

The scoreboard is ugly. But we're going to earn the win via protest over Eovaldi jersey-gate. 

Buck would have noticed instantly, during the inning warmups.

And rushed out to the umps and complained.

And they would have sent Eovaldi into the locker room to get a correct jersey and it would have been a 13 minute delay and back out to warm up and what's the point?

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Buck would have noticed instantly, during the inning warmups.

And rushed out to the umps and complained.

And they would have sent Eovaldi into the locker room to get a correct jersey and it would have been a 13 minute delay and back out to warm up and what's the point?

It's against THE UNWRITTEN RULES of baseball. Or something like that, maybe?

12 minutes ago, scOtt said:

And the reason I said "no offense dude"... it gets OLD constantly hearing you ragging on them ET AL.

Why not give it a break?

First of all I’m not offended at all, and secondly, I apologize that you dislike it, although I understand that you dislike it, but they are still terrible and they are my only outlet. Therefore I would suggest that you just go ahead and block me during game threads, because they are terrible. They have no redeeming qualities. I can’t understand why $1 billion organization couldn’t come up with better guys. I like Thorne and Palmer, and occasionally Ben, but the others are dreadful.

I would complain as much about the NY or Boston announcers If I were a fan of their team, but the Blue Jays guys are pretty good.

So I’m not offended, and I appreciate your comments and I’ll try to not be quite as expressive on the subject, but you maybe should just block me so you’ll never hear it.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bill Swaggerty said:

It's against THE UNWRITTEN RULES of baseball. Or something like that, maybe?

No. I think it's actually against the express written rules of MLB. You were right, it might be a protestable event. But you'd have to time it just right. He'd have to actually throw one pitch, THEN you run out to the umps and protest.

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

First of all I’m not offended at all, and secondly, I apologize that you dislike it, although I understand that you dislike it, but they are still terrible and they are my only outlet. Therefore I would suggest that you just go ahead and block me during game threads, because they are terrible. They have no redeeming qualities. I can’t understand why $1 billion organization couldn’t come up with better guys. I like Thorne and Palmer, and occasionally Ben, but the others are dreadful.

I would complain as much about the NY or Boston announcers If I were a fan of their team, but the Blue Jays guys are pretty good.

So I’m not offended, and I appreciate your comments and I’ll try to not be quite as expressive on the subject, but you maybe should just block me so you’ll never hear it.

I'm not going to block you because I 90% like you.

But in other words it's FU I'll say what I want and if you don't like it FU. Got it.

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

O's are 16-3 in the last 19 Opening Days.   Pretty amazing, as we only had a winning team in 5 of those 19 years.

Last time the O's opened in Boston was 1966.   That year turned out OK.   Now we do it two years in a row (2020 and 2021).

16-4.