Cody Carroll 2020 ERA: Over/Under 100.00?

TommyPickles

2 hours ago, joelala said:

I have a feeling he’ll be one of those guys who enjoys success with his next organization. The stuff is there. If someone can get him to spot better and attack hitters he could be good. Or he could be like Mike Wright. 

Anyone see any mechanical red flags in the delivery that could be leading to the atrocious command?

I would hope now that we have state of the art analytics and tools to work with motion, delivery, video, etc., that we would stop having situations where guys go elsewhere and get the coaching they need to reach their potential.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Winning games isn't a concern for Elias.  I can't say if he'd rather get a higher pick than win games but he's pretty clearly not willing to promote young players before their service time can be gamed...I mean before they are ready.  He's also not shown much of a willingness to expend resources to improve the product on the field.

Agreed - though I'm scratching my head as to what that's got to do with what I posted.  I'll try to catch up.    

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Him not having competitive pitches isn't a deal breaker for a team that isn't striving to be competitive.

More importantly, it's an indication that he stinks - regardless of what the team is striving to do.