I'm Ready for Mountcastle and Diaz: Mountcastle Up, Diaz Still Waiting

ChuckS

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Because it’s not this simple long term.

Thats the solution for right now (and it’s a good solution btw).

But long term, the hope is that you have guys like Santander, Diaz and/or Kjerstad on the corners, so LF isn’t there for him (and it likely shouldn’t be anyway).

So it goes back to Sisco, Mountcastle, Mancini and Nunez.  I’m less worried about Sisco but I’m not ready to discount him.  He will get on base and take walks, so he has a lot of value if he can hit at this level.

Look, this isn’t some insurmountable thing to overcome.  It likely will work itself out without doing much.  But, as of right now, decisions will need to be made and part of that decision making process should be, which player nets us the most value and is that value enough to trade them over what another player can get us. That’s really what it will boil down to.

I get what your saying but we don't know if Mancini will come back the same so I would just have Diaz or Kjerstad in Left and have Nunez and Mountcastle share 1B and DH 

I think a different solution would be to trade Severino since their top prospect is a (hopefully) catcher who should make his way to the mlb quickly.  Sisco can be a placeholder and maybe Severino, if a team buys into his breakout, can bring back pitching or infield prospects. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

A lot of guys on the Ml roster are performing well with the bat and took good strides in their first real chance last year as well.  You have young players who will be coming up that are far more capable of playing LF, for example and have the same upside with the bat.  

More like a lot of guys were performing well.  Ruiz and Nunez have cooled off.  Sisco (who I've championed) is striking out a ton.   Mullins, Velazquez, Valaika, and Smith are non-hitters.  And, given that Rutschman has a third of a minor league season and part of an "alternate site" under his belt, Mountcastle remains our best hitting prospect at this time.

11 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Marlins promote Sixto Sanchez today.

Giant promote Joey Bart today.

Casey Mize debuted for Detroit yesterday.

Brendon Rodgers is up for the Rockies.

Carter Kieboom is playing for the Nats.

FREE RYAN MOUNTCASTLE!  ATTICA! ATTICA!

So we're not the only team still holding guys back for "developmental purposes".

11 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

More like a lot of guys were performing well.  Ruiz and Nunez have cooled off.  Sisco (who I've championed) is striking out a ton.   Mullins, Velazquez, Valaika, and Smith are non-hitters.  And, given that Rutschman has a third of a minor league season and part of an "alternate site" under his belt, Mountcastle remains our best hitting prospect at this time.

No, Rutschman is clearly the teams best hitting prospect and Kjerstad is probably ahead of him too. Diaz is right there with him.

And yes, I would suspect that players will cool off from time to time.  This year will only tell us so much.  I don’t know why you are mentioned several of the guys in that post..they have nothing to do with Mountcastle.

17 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Marlins promote Sixto Sanchez today.

Giant promote Joey Bart today.

Casey Mize debuted for Detroit yesterday.

Brendon Rodgers is up for the Rockies.

Carter Kieboom is playing for the Nats.

FREE RYAN MOUNTCASTLE!  ATTICA! ATTICA!

Mountcastle isn't in that class.  Especially Bart, Mize, Sanchez.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

I don't follow this stuff like you do, but is Mountcastle really not in Kieboom's class?  

Well I specified Bart, Mize, Sanchez.  Those guys are all studs.  Kieboom, maybe.

There's been so much yammering on here about Mountcastle, I'm curious what everyone's expectations are for him.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Well I specified Bart, Mize, Sanchez.  Those guys are all studs.  Kieboom, maybe.

There's been so much yammering on here about Mountcastle, I'm curious what everyone's expectations are for him.  

I think it can go all the way from a plus bat with average defense in left to a bust.  The walk rate is disconcerting.  If his ability to barrel pitches doesn't translate to the majors he isn't going to have much of a career.

• Upvote 1