Mountcastle has first big MLB game

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe, you know, what they were working on in the off-site before they called him up actually helped him out.  

Nah, had to be manipulating the service time clock.  Nothing else.  Ain't that right, @Can_of_corn?

Yep, I'm converted, if they had brought him up even a week earlier he wouldn't have any of those walks.  He clearly had an epiphany at Bowie and I'm expecting at least 100 walks from him next season.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, I'm converted, if they had brought him up even a week earlier he wouldn't have any of those walks.  He clearly had an epiphany at Bowie and I'm expecting at least 100 walks from him next season.

He's slugging .556.  As those doubles become homers that'll be more like .600 or .700.  He might have 100 intentional walks.

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hey, isn't that Major League Baseball's Ryan Mountcastle?  Why yes it is!  "Hi, guys, Ryan Mountcastle here.  If you click HERE I'll let you in on this one weird trick that'll take you from Jonathan Schoop's plate discipline to Mickey Mantle's in under six weeks!  Guaranteed or your money back!"

Effect not tested by the FDA to treat any illness or condition. For recreational purposes only.  Not for use in California or Oregon.  May cause excessive itching and swelling of the third toe of the left foot.

Mickey Mantle's plate discipline was helped by copious amounts of alcohol.  Is that what you're referring to?

Didn't say he all of a sudden had awesome plate discipline.  But maybe he's improved since last summer?  No?  C'mon, Drungo, be positive.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I haven’t been able to see much of the last few games.

How has he looked in the OF?  Had many chances?

Most of the chances I’ve seen were easy fly balls hit right near him. However unlike Smith he didn’t immediately take 5 steps back then sprint to get under the ball at the end.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1