Os system up to 8th according to MLB.com

Sports Guy

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well some think that it was a bad idea to go the pu pu platter approach on the Manny trade, that we somehow could have gotten like, 1 legit stud prospect instead.  

Anyway, I think Kremer will turn out to be the best part of that trade.

Agreed, except that it appears Kremer will never be called up.

3 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

What about Diaz screams, "play me". Seriously. I'm curious.

Corn just likes to gripe about players not being promoted as quickly as he'd like them to be.  

I'm with you though, I don't see Diaz knocking down the door of clubhouse at Camden Yards with amazing stats and the ability to stay healthy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Corn just likes to gripe about players not being promoted as quickly as he'd like them to be.  

I'm with you though, I don't see Diaz knocking down the door of clubhouse at Camden Yards with amazing stats and the ability to stay healthy.

You are just upset that Dwight Smith got sent down.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

His league adjusted stats.

His status as a top 100 prospect before Elias showed up.

The comments I've read about him getting bored when not challenged.

Who exactly was hanging out in Norfolk that needed the at bats?

It's Elias's fault he cant play a full minor league season to generate a full seasons worth of stats?  It's Elias's fault too that Hunter Harvey was no longer a top 100 prospect too!

2 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

It's Elias's fault he cant play a full minor league season to generate a full seasons worth of stats?  It's Elias's fault too that Hunter Harvey was no longer a top 100 prospect too!

What are you talking about?

He's got 204 games and 856 PA in AA.

He's been in AA for three years.  Other than Elias who does that?

12 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Look at the packages we got this deadline compared to what we got for those?

I think this ones better...?

We got a 5th starter type, a couple hitting prospects , and 6 question marks. I can’t imagine how this is better. Diaz was more highly rated than anything we picked up. The fact that we haven’t developed him doesn’t change the value at the time of the trade 

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You see the stuff he's been doing with the Lennon spawn?

Nah, I was pretty into 1990s Primus, and even have some Fabulous Frog Brigade stuff, but haven't paid that much attention to what he's doing lately.

My kids are probably the only ones in their middle school who are into (hell, have the slightest inkling of) Mr. Krinkle, Tommy the Cat, and Jerry was a Race Car Driver.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

We got a 5th starter type, a couple hitting prospects , and 6 question marks. I can’t imagine how this is better. Diaz was more highly rated than anything we picked up. The fact that we haven’t developed him doesn’t change the value at the time of the trade 

One of those hitting prospects is viewed fairly highly by a lot of people. The other has a chance to be an everyday type guy in a corner spot too.

Smith has stuff also that can improve and has been on the up and up this past year with a great spin rate.

Those 6 wildcards could present a legit piece or two as well. 

Im well aware of how they were viewed at the time.

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He needs to be mad at service time rules, not the Orioles' GM's optimizing his behaviors concerning those rules.  Service time rules are the only reason 75% of the top 100 prospects over the age of 19 aren't in the majors.  In the decade before free agency it was common for 19, 20, 21 year olds to come to the majors with minimal seasoning.