O's vs Yankees, Game 1 of the doubleheader

SteveA

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You think the emotional state of the team has something to do with Cobb coming off the DL and serving up some fat pitches in his first inning?   He probably wasn't even at the game they blew on Wednesday, given that the reason he was on the DL was that he probably had to quarantine for a period.

I’m not commenting on any particular person, but the team (now down 5-0) Must feel let down after being up 5-1 and then 6-5, and losing.
And just now, the single to Mountcastle , just before HR #3. It looked like he was in a maze trying to get to that ball. I don’t know whether he could have caught It with a good route, but It was definitely not a good route, and it meant an extra run.

Ill never forget 2013, the D-Backs four-game sweep. I felt the season was done after that series. It just felt. “Ah, we tried, but it’s over... let’s see what’s on TV.”

Thats how I felt after the Mets game, and that’s how I feel right now, down 5-0.

Just now, eddie83 said:

7 inning game vs Cole down 5. 

Maybe Cobb can give us a couple of more innings. If you aren’t going to pitch him then when would you? 

I did forget that this is one of those loopy 7-inning affairs, but the point stands.  If Hyde is surrendering, not only does it send a signal to the Orioles, but it sends a signal to the Yankees. Bring in your best. Save your worst for when you’re UP 5-0

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I did forget that this is one of those loopy 7-inning affairs, but the point stands.  If Hyde is surrendering, not only does it send a signal to the Orioles, but it sends a signal to the Yankees. Bring in your best. Save your worst for when you’re UP 5-0

No.

Just no.

Remind me not to hire you to manage my team.   

Just now, Philip said:

Bring in your best down 5 with 12 games in 10 days?