Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

In Wynn’s Dodger debut, he went 1-3 with a 2 run double in his first at bat and caught a runner stealing (doubling the amount of CS that Dodgers catchers have this season.) Made some pretty good blocks too. 

Looked bad in his other 2 at bats, striking out on an outside fastball he had no chance at and looked at a frisbee that went from the left handed batters box across to catch the edge of the plate (great pitch.) 

• Upvote 2

What is up with Mancini?  He was horrible after the trade to the Astros and this year is hitting below .200.  I pains me to see him struggle.  

Guess I should be happy that Elias got rid of him.  Hope he picks it up.  He is entering Odor fall off territory.   

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Fingers crossed for Evan Phillips, but reading a very sad report LAD have moved him from paternity list to bereavement list.     Not much to hope for except an admin error in the system.

Not much more to say than what you said.  Very sad.

Big night for Darell Hernaiz, who is keeping his AA head above water with a 100 wRC+ as 6th youngest Bat in the Texas League.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=7&stats=bat&qual=y&type=1&team=all&season=2023&seasonEnd=2023&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=3,-1

Darell Hernaiz, 2B, Oakland Athletics (Double-A Midland): 4-4, 4 R, HR, 3 RBI, SB.
After a promising start to 2022, the offensive production for Hernaiz cratered after a late season promotion to Double-A. However, his .113/.186/.189 slash line in 13 games at Bowie wasn’t enough to keep Oakland from targeting him in a trade this winter. The stats look better this year, albeit in the more hitter friendly Texas League, but his strikeout rate continues to hover around 30%, something to keep an eye on as the season progresses. 

• Upvote 1

Mike Yastrzemski’s hammy didn’t survive the trip to Mexico City. He strained it on a diving attempt to save the game in the 8’th. He had slammed into the wall earlier trying prevent a Nelson Cruz triple (yes, Nelson has a .849 OPS in 62 at bats). Alex Cobb didn’t seem to mind the altitude, except that he might have tweaked something. No official word yet.

Edited by Chavez Ravine
  • Upvote 1

On 4/18/2023 at 10:23 AM, CharmCityHokie said:

Giving up 4 homeruns in 4.1 IP...I guess the only way is up, hopefully, for him. 

Well, I hope I didn't curse Bundy with my previous comment; he now has 12.1 AAA IP and has given up 26 hits...10 of those being homeruns for an unfathomable HR/9 rate of 7.3. Silver lining is that he has a 14/1 K/BB rate, so there is that.