Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Peter Bendix options Connor Norby to Triple-A Jacksonville.

That sucks for Norby. I feel for the guy. Was about to get regular ML playing time with us. Traded to a wayyy inferior team. Aaaaand.....back to AAA.

6 hours ago, SilverRocket said:

I mentioned this guy as a rule 5 for the bullpen.  Yeah, those geniuses in Milwaukee with the pitching lab had him all last year in AA and left him exposed this past winter.  When I saw him make his first few starts this year and he looked pretty bad.   Then I realized why they didn’t protect him.  Now he’s lights out.  It’s baseball.  Go figure.

• Upvote 1

Stowers 2 for 32 w/ 16 K's so far for the Marlins.  .229 OPS.  Eerily reminiscent of Holliday's numbers during his first callup.  I was hoping Stowers would take his chance and run with it.  If he doesn't lock down a spot with the Marlins, I'm not sure where else he'll get a chance.  I assume the Marlins will give him a minor league contract next year regardless.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• One day you wake up and Cedric Mullins is at 2.1 rWAR, 2.0 fWAR, 105 OPS+ and making ridiculous flying catches in the outfield.   That play last night, by the way, was a 10% probabilty catch.
    • Amazing how we have lowered our standards, 4 runs in 4.2, 5 hits, 2 walks, 2HRs is not "too awful" 
    • Mountcastle has plenty of value. Still decently young, great defender, and he does have pop. I do think Waltimore has gotten into his head, so not sure if it’s altered his swing and approach and that’s carried over to other stadiums, but there’s no secret here. Just look the before/after Waltimore power numbers for him.
    • I agree. Thought he looked pretty solid and pitch efficient aside from the 3rd. Overall, I’ve been happy with Cade’s growth this year. He’s tremendously cut down on walks, and they’re still working on mixing pitches and working on individual pitches as well. I do agree that the pitches hit for dingers were poor pitch choices and execution, but otherwise…he kept them in it. Bullpen imploded, of course. And the offense stunk. 
    • Teams are starved for offense. Mounty will have a market as long as the wrist is ok.
    • I believe Mateo was hurt a week before the trade, but was only the the 10 day IL. While that may have had nothing to do with the Norby trade.. it should have. Elias was good with Norby and/or Holliday as the "rookie replacement" options for Mateo. What bothers me about this whole thing was, Norby could've been the right replacement for Mateo.. had Holliday faltered during the stretch run, but Elias seems more inclined to bring in "outsiders" who have MLB experience. Vavra was also an option,...whatever.  Analytics driven I would think, but it could also be a deflection should the draft picks get too overwhelmed. That's the 2-sided coin flip option for Elias. As for the hitting being fixed: Who wants 2 bosses telling you the same thing.. or are they instructing different approaches? I don't get it.  Although I'm not one to delve too deep into anything anymore (EADD), there are games when I feel the hitters have no clue about what to expect from all the SP's they are facing game in & out. Especially the younger SP's. Oh, and for FFS, stop swinging at ball 4 just because it's a fastball count. Fastball counts don't mean diddly anymore, and the O's are a team proving it. 
  • Popular Contributors