Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is unbelievable to me.  He was so terrible, I'm amazed he's still at the professional level in the States.  

He didn't last long.  They DFA'd him the next day.  They are playing musical pitchers to cover in innings just like we are.

bring an expendable guy up for a few days, then DFA him when you need to 40 man spot for someone else 

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2021 at 3:17 PM, SteveA said:

He didn't last long.  They DFA'd him the next day.  They are playing musical pitchers to cover in innings just like we are.

bring an expendable guy up for a few days, then DFA him when you need to 40 man spot for someone else 

The Rays bring up a random, expendable guys and he pitches 3 shutout innings.  The O's bring up a similar random, expendable guy and he gives up 4 runs in less than an inning.  This O's team is just snakebit.  Did someone put some voodoo on Elias and the O's?  Maybe Duquette, he has plenty of time on his hands. 

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Angels release Jose Iglesias

Looking at his stat even though Iglesias is hitting poorly in the second half of the season it seems to be related to his defense. Iglesias' fielding percentage is .958 and has a -21 DRS this year. And I know it's not the most popular stat, but his dWAR is -1.4 as well. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jose-iglesias/10231/stats?position=SS

On 9/5/2021 at 12:34 AM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Looking at his stat even though Iglesias is hitting poorly in the second half of the season it seems to be related to his defense. Iglesias' fielding percentage is .958 and has a -21 DRS this year. And I know it's not the most popular stat, but his dWAR is -1.4 as well. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jose-iglesias/10231/stats?position=SS

dWAR is problematic because it combines (1) the value of playing SS with (2) how good the player is at SS.   In Iglesias’ case he gets +6 credit just for playing SS, then -21 for how he’s played there.   That -21 is an analogous measure to the -21 DRS you mentioned.   In other words, he’s been awful defensively this year.   I wonder what the heck happened — is he playing hurt, is he out of shape, or did he just hit the wall at age 31?