Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Orioles play the Tigers this weekend and we'll get to Jonathan Schoop who is having a nice season. I haven't heard his name come up in trade talks, so I assume he isn't getting moved by tomorrow. 

Schoop is batting .284 with 17 home runs, 60 RBI's and an OPS+ of 120. 

The Tigers, after a slow start, have had a nice season.  They are at 49-55.  They don't strike me as sellers.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Orioles play the Tigers this weekend and we'll get to Jonathan Schoop who is having a nice season. I haven't heard his name come up in trade talks, so I assume he isn't getting moved by tomorrow. 

Schoop is batting .284 with 17 home runs, 60 RBI's and an OPS+ of 120. 

He has actually been playing quite a bit of first base for them.    69 games at 1B, just 23 at 2nd.

I actually have heard his name mentioned as a trade candidate.   He's on a 1 year contract and having a good year.

So we might see him tonight but he could be gone tomorrow.

I miss old Schoopy.   Loved the happy banter between him and Manny back in the day.   Loved the way he planted at 2B when receiving a throw and how his size intimidated baserunners.  He’s been very consistent over the last three years, and a bit better offensively than he was for us, with the exception of his excellent 2017 season.  

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I miss old Schoopy.   Loved the happy banter between him and Manny back in the day.   Loved the way he planted at 2B when receiving a throw and how his size intimidated baserunners.  He’s been very consistent over the last three years, and a bit better offensively than he was for us, with the exception of his excellent 2017 season.  

He was an easy guy to like.

I was looking at Adam Jones’ slash line in Japan this year and did a double-take: .243/.381/.330.    He’s walked 20 times in 130 PA!   Power seems to have disappeared though.    It appears he’s been relegated to part time DH/PH, as he hasn’t played in the field and has only played in about 2/3 of the team’s games, averaging about 2.5 plate appearances per game played.   I’d have to think he’ll hang ‘em up when his 2-year contract expires at the end of the season.   

Another big day for Kim, including a two-RBI HR against Israel. That game that also featured former Oriole Danny Valencia. Edwin Jackson (who pitched for the O's in three games in 2017) also pitched for team USA in their extra inning loss to Japan. 

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/31941901/japan-rallies-united-states-10-innings-reach-olympic-baseball-semifinals

Pardons if anyone's mentioned Rich Rodriquez, but he's one that got away.  He had 2 excellent years at Norfolk and a cup of coffee at Baltimore in 2017 before he was released.  Does anyone remember why the O's let him go?  He's done real well for Pittsburg and became their closer.  Right before the trade deadline, he was traded to Atlanta for very talented 23 year old starter Bryse Wilson.  Rodriquez is now a key guy in Atlanta's chase for an NL East championship - just behind the Mets and Phillies.  Bryse Wilson is exactly the type of young pitcher the O's should be looking for.