Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

I was never as down on Severino as most of this board is, but I still didn't expect him to get $1.9M. I figured around $1.0M.

His inability to catch pitches this year was just bizarre. Never seen anything like that and I wonder if he'll find a way to fix it.

I think it was just lack of effort.

He was on a team that clearly wasn't trying to be competitive and he mailed it in on defense.

• Like 1

Earlier this year, I was up late and just going down some baseball reference rabbit holes, I came across Doug Jones.  Ended up reading his SABR bio, it's pretty interesting.  Came up with the Brewers for a cup of coffee in 1982, didn't resurface to the majors until 1986 when he was 29 years old.  Basically he called the Indians and came in on his own dime for a tryout.  

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/doug-jones/

• Upvote 2

Not sure what the rules are for who’s eligible for this thread, but I’m going to be very interested to see how Kevin Gausman does as a Blue Jay. 

Weams loved him; I never knew what he saw in him. 

Any chance being back in the AL East instead of the NL brings him back to his old inconsistent self? Or is his splitter really that good? 

Guess we’ll find out first hand. 

2 minutes ago, justD said:

Not sure what the rules are for who’s eligible for this thread, but I’m going to be very interested to see how Kevin Gausman does as a Blue Jay. 

Weams loved him; I never knew what he saw in him. 

Any chance being back in the AL East instead of the NL brings him back to his old inconsistent self? Or is his splitter really that good? 

Guess we’ll find out first hand. 

Guys that never even made the big league club are eligible.  Heck I bet if a guy got drafted and didn't sign someone would post about him.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guys that never even made the big league club are eligible.  Heck I bet if a guy got drafted and didn't sign someone would post about him.

Went back through posts from the beginning few pages and some from 2018 and I’ve got the right place but wrong content; need to come back when he actually pitches for TOR to whine or gloat at that time…

Also saw weams wanted to trade Britton for Chen back in early 2014, even after we’d seen him dominate as a reliever in Spring Training that year. ?‍♀️