Brocail, Flores let go

eddie83

This is similar to what happen to Brocail  in Houston.  He served as major league pitching coach for two years after the new administration  came in and then was re-assigned.   I think Holt will play a bigger role in the major league pitching for the O's.   

I don't think the economic factors are about the pitching coach.  I think it is about  the restructuring of the O's minor league teams.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

So last year, Brocail oversaw one of the worst pitching staffs in the history of baseball, which posted a 5.59 ERA and destroyed the major league record for home runs allowed, and he was retained.    This year, the team ERA is over a run lower, at 4.51, and they let Brocail go.    Go figure.    

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

The 2020 stats support you on Flores.   The O’s were thrown out at the plate 10 times, most in the AL and compared to a league average of 6.    Trying to score from 2B on a single, they were thrown out five times, compared to league average 1.5.    

You might be able to justify those extra outs if we tried to score more than other teams and were generally successful, but it’s not the case.   

• Upvote 1