#19 2020 Prospect: Darrel Hernaiz - SS

Tony-OH

A lot of us are dreaming on this kid. Seems like he has a shot to be really good. Hope that arm strength thing isn't real over time. I get why he's pretty low on the list though. Doesn't have amazing pedigree, is very young and like everyone else he hasn't played much over the last year.

So we're basically dreaming on a kid who looked good over relatively SSS. That mutes the enthusiasm a bit, but he apparently did look really good.

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

A lot of us are dreaming on this kid. Seems like he has a shot to be really good. Hope that arm strength thing isn't real over time. I get why he's pretty low on the list though. Doesn't have amazing pedigree, is very young and like everyone else he hasn't played much over the last year.

So we're basically dreaming on a kid who looked good over relatively SSS. That mutes the enthusiasm a bit, but he apparently did look really good.

I think the fact that he's all of those things you mentioned and still this high on the list tells you how much I like what I've heard about him. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in 2021.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Tony, I love that you're referring to this spot on the list as high. In year's past, this was no man's land. Now it's actually a sign that you have a shot. That's awesome.

The depth goes out to 25 really. After that it's get a bit sketchy but some still with upside. Honestly, I haven't even considered the new international signees because they are so inexperienced, but several of them could be on the list next year. 

• Like 1