Who are the #23 and #24 Prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the #23 and #24 Prospects?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the #23 and #24 Prospects?

• Rylan Bannon and Kevin Smith
    • Anthony Servideo and Kyle Stowers
    • Kevin Smith and Bruce Zimmermann
    • Kyle Stowers and Kevin Smith
    • Bruce Zimmermann and Tyler Nevin

This poll is closed to new votes

I feel like Smith has to be in this group. Tough call with Stowers, Zimmerman, and Bannon all 18-21 last year. I could see Zimmerman slipping slightly due to poor MLB debut, albeit very small sample, which also followed on meh AAA numbers in 2019. Both MLB and OH had Stowers ahead of Bannon. I don't particularly like it but I guess Stowers-Smith for me. 

I feel like the next 3 are Smith, Zimmerman and Stowers in some order. I went Stowers first, but it's a guess.

Feel like Bannon is a little lower, Servideo could be anywhere and Nevin is probably comparable to Bannon (at least in terms of most likely FV). I'm still hoping Welk and an international player or two make big jumps in the next year, but Covid just screwed all of that up for the time being.

[Edit: A guy that might have made a decent jump in the org's eye is Cumberland. There was some hope when we got him, but his performance wasn't all that good. Seems like this wasn't actually a lost year for him. There's a decent shot he's AR's backup in a year or two.]

The next four guys who appeared on last year’s list are (in order they appeared) Stowers, McKenna, Zimmerman and Bannon.  I don’t see any reason for Bannon to have jumped the other three, so eliminate that choice. 

If Tony stuck with last year’s order, this has to be Servideo-Stowers or Stowers-Smith.    But Zimmermann did reach the majors, so he could have jumped Stowers and McKenna.  So, Smith-Zimmermann or Zimmermann-Nevin are live possibilities.  

It’s kind of guesswork here, but I think Smith will show up here and that Zimmermann didn’t do quite enough to jump Stowers.   So, I’ll go Stowers-Smith.   My second choice would be Smith-Zimmermann.