Who are the #27 and #28 Prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the #27 and #28 Prospects?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the #27 and #28 Prospects?

• Rylan Bannon and Zach Pop
    • Brett Cumberland and Tyler Nevin
    • Ryan McKenna and Adam Stauffer
    • Tyler Nevin and Ryan McKenna
    • Adam Stauffer and Tyler Nevin

This poll is closed to new votes

99% sure I'm wrong, but I went with Cumberland. I liked the reports on him when we first got him and it seems like he actually gained in Bowie this year based on the short stuff I saw. 

McKenna's enticing here for sure. You still hope that he can gain some consistency at the plate and let his speed play up. He'll be in the majors at some point for sure, but I just think it's as a 4th/5th outfielder.

But you can make a strong case for Bannon and Pop here for sure. They're here or close to here and might be able to stick on the ML team. That has value. Stauffer's still an unknown to me. Has some arm talent, I think, but not sure if he's developed anything. Heck, here you can make a case for Nevin too, so it seems like we're into another tier in a way.

27 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I've just been picking the option that contains the players whose names show up in the options most frequently since I don't have much of a clue anymore. It's worked pretty well so far. Personally, I'd probably have gone with Bannon/Pop, but my strategy dictated I pick Nevin/McKenna

Haha, I go to "great lengths" to have no consistent approach from one poll to the other when it comes to the actual prospects being on the list one or many times. The only consistency is I place the first name alphabetically.

Nice try though. ;) 

• Upvote 2

Last year:

19. McKenna

21. Bannon

22. Stauffer

23. Pop

30.  Cumberland

The only choice here that preserves that order is Nevin/McKenna.   McKenna played at the alternate camp, and if he didn’t impress, he could have slipped.    But even if he did, there’s no reason why Pop would have jumped Stauffer, or Cumberland would have jumped everyone, or Stauffer would have jumped Bannon.    So, I am sticking with Nevin/McKenna.    

My second choice would be Bannon/Pop.    The logic there would be McKenna slipping based on bad reports from camp, and Pop jumping Stauffer because of reports that he has recovered successfully from his TJ surgery.    But that’s a lot of moving parts.