David Ortiz moved??

Boston Dave

Papi is gone...I feel cheated. He has been down the street from me for years. I just read he moved out to Weston. No card, wave goodbye, or nothing. That's cold. That will likely be the last Hummer in the neighborhood...not a "Hummer" kind of place (I'm taking about the vehicle, of course).

Papi is gone...I feel cheated. He has been down the street from me for years. I just read he moved out to Weston. No card, wave goodbye, or nothing. That's cold. That will likely be the last Hummer in the neighborhood...not a "Hummer" kind of place (I'm taking about the vehicle, of course).

HIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :wedge:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think this is probably right, but I’m interested to see if he’s able to minimize some of his flaws this year.  He seemed to be making some progress in the second half last year, though it could have just been a prolonged hot streak.  Jury’s still out a little IMO.    As mentioned, I also think Westburg has a lot more in the tank than he showed during his decent major league debut.   
    • Would that have to do with the elimination of the shift? In 2022 and prior, you’d have SS and 3B getting chances on the right side.
    • It matters if you think there is a significant upside gap between Westburg and Mayo. I agree if you feel good about Westburg as an everyday player the pressure on Mayo's glove is less.     Clay Davenport's six-year forecasts basically envision Mayo as a 3-win player and Westburg as a 2-win player. Somewhere around that range is a tipping point where Sigbots gain inner peace letting a player play 155 games.     I think Mayo might be that, and Westburg isn't.
    • The old adage is you take someone at the more important position and if you have to, move them down the spectrum.  If you draft a 2B (ie Norby) down the spectrum could be LF or DH.  I’ve read some reports on Termarr Johnson where there are some doubts on his future at 2B. Holliday was drafted as a SS.  Maybe he could even be okay or better there but we have the luxury of moving him down the spectrum.  
    • Everyone's time is limited. I think Mayo and Westburg are more likely to be members of the 2026 club but I'd rather not rush to move Mayo off third.
    • Which is fine, and reasonable and something I agree with. I was just curious why they were assuming a 25 year old with a career OPS+ of 100 was a better choice than a 27 year old with a career OPS+ 114. I've stated my preference that Mayo sticks at third and Westburg becomes a super utility that gets a starter's amount of at bats playing infield and outfield both.
    • How much have you seen of him?   
  • Popular Contributors