Adeiny Hechavarria signs with Japanese team

wildcard

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Fangraphs’ crowdsourcing project pegged him at 3/$42 mm.

I dont see him getting that, but its still way out of Baltimore's price range. I do like Ehire  Adrianza  after looking his numbers up, but its a bit of a mystery why he doesn't get many PA's. Its possible the Twins always had better options in the infield. 

Simmons is so much Fielding Juan Soto that for 2021 alone I don't care about his 2020 wobble and in fact its the only thing maybe putting him in Late Bronze Medal range.   Simmons in a good year could have July value beyond Elias's wildest Jose Iglesias hopes, and I doubt a Year 2 option would be obtainable.

The FG crowdsource estimate of course far beyond anything we'd actually pay, but I heard Eno Sarris this week guess that the Reds and A's may be saying to Semien/Didi/Andrelton that we've got 3/30, then whoever blinks has a 2/20 backup from Club 2.   I think the FG crowdsourcers probably more baseball purists than the Lords of the Realm.

I haven't been sad about Renfroe for 1/3 or any of the other 2021 discount deals for early signers yet, but if Andrelton goes somewhere in the 1/6 range and it isn't us that'd be a bummer.

That said, your ROI on Rule 5's that work out takes a long time, and Martin v. Galvis is a nothingburger to me.   I don't recall Martin at Bowie, so that's kind of a tea leaf of the team's take on his progression.

4 hours ago, ofan239 said:

Daniel Robertson 1 year plus option - . Stick him at short .  Can also play 2nd and 3rd 

He plays more 2B than SS in his pro career. So he might be below average there. His bat is not good for 2B. If he was a natural SS, I would like him better. 

My first thought was that maybe with the NPB having fans in the stands last year that created more revenues relative to MLB.  Combine that with analytics crushing the over-30 free agent market, and perhaps Japan is becoming a more competitive bidder for major league talent.

But then I noticed that Adeiny Hechavarria is over 30, not very good, and fits the longstanding mold of so-so major leaguer wanting one last decent payday by going to Japan.