Looks like Hunter Harvey left game after one pitch

wildcard

5 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Watch out for the Luis Garcia tsunami!   I feel like between the Aussie thing and the 6'8" thing the seeds of a sitcom are there.

Kind of a bummer Baumann optioned without an inning.

Bruce Zimmermann v. Matt Harvey may be as hot as a storyline gets.

If Franco unseats Ruiz, could Ruiz push Stewart for DH?   

Why would you think Ruiz can hit enough to be a DH in the majors?  Maybe at AAA.

49 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Watch out for the Luis Garcia tsunami!   I feel like between the Aussie thing and the 6'8" thing the seeds of a sitcom are there.

Kind of a bummer Baumann optioned without an inning.

Bruce Zimmermann v. Matt Harvey may be as hot as a storyline gets.

If Franco unseats Ruiz, could Ruiz push Stewart for DH?   

Don’t we need to sign Franco first? Or did I miss that 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, WC was right on this one.  They did put Harvey on the 60 day DL.  They must know it’s a severe strain.

By doing it now, the puts him on the time table to be back in mid May to early June.  

I had a bad feeling this would be a lengthy injury and this wasn't the roster move I wanted to make room for Franco.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, WC was right on this one.  They did put Harvey on the 60 day DL.  They must know it’s a severe strain.

By doing it now, the puts him on the time table to be back in mid May to early June.  

Minor league season starts May 5.   He could start a minor league rehab assignment sometime shortly after the minor league season started if he is ready, spend around 10 days down there.   So even if they expect him to be recovered by early May, this makes sense.

Just now, SteveA said:

Minor league season starts May 5.   He could start a minor league rehab assignment sometime shortly after the minor league season started if he is ready, spend around 10 days down there.   So even if they expect him to be recovered by early May, this makes sense.

True...but they are such an unpredictable injury, that I’m surprised they felt the need to 60 day him already.  

That means it has to be one of 3 things:

1) they know it’s severe And he will be out a while

2). They don’t want to cut anyone off the 40 man right now.

3). They want him to build up some innings before coming off the DL, since he didn’t get much game action in and, like you said, he can’t do that until early May.  Send him to extended ST and then MiL rehab?  Back up on May 15 or so if all goes well?

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

True...but they are such an unpredictable injury, that I’m surprised they felt the need to 60 day him already.  

That means it has to be one of 3 things:

1) they know it’s severe And he will be out a while

2). They don’t want to cut anyone off the 40 man right now.

3). They want him to build up some innings before coming off the DL, since he didn’t get much game action in and, like you said, he can’t do that until early May.  Send him to extended ST and then MiL rehab?  Back up on May 15 or so if all goes well?

Perhaps a combo of all 3. No need with his history on a non contender to rush him. Just hope once he is back he sticks. 

Now let’s see if Davis goes on the 60 day IL. 

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Perhaps a combo of all 3. No need with his history on a non contender to rush him. Just hope once he is back he sticks. 

Now let’s see if Davis goes on the 60 day IL. 

Yea probably although I don’t see any hesitation in cutting some guys off the 40 man.