O's @ Tigers 3-14

scOtt

11 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I doubt with his resume he has much value. Have to build that at the big leagues. Has a ton to prove. 

He looks really good. His stuff is good. He isn’t getting good results with luck. He keeps this up he will get a crack at the rotation again at some point. 

Oh, I know, I was mostly joking, but I was also fairly serious. A lot of teams will see him as valuable piece that can be had cheaply. He’ll be worth a lot more in June, if he keeps this up, but it sure looks like he’s at least gonna break camp with the team as maybe #2.

28 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

67% of the outs that Kremer recorded (6 out of 9) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

9 OUTS: )  4 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout

DEAJUNIOR "D.J." KREMER )))))))) (FINAL NUMBERS) )))))))) (Spring Training)

IP:ll.3

H:lllll.3 ) l(3 Singles)

R:llll 1

BB:ll2

SO:ll4

Pitches: l) 58 )(34)Strikes, )24)Balls)

2021 ERA: l) 4.70 )  7.67 IP  (4 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  1.565  )  7.67 IP  (12 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .233  )(7 for 30)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

18  ll(12 llStrikes, lll.Balls)

20  lll(11 llStrikes, lll.Balls)

20  lll(11 ll.Strikes, llllBalls)

o

And this is why defense is important. Because those ground balls are going somewhere, and we want guys who won’t play kickball with them

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3-run HR by Tiger SS Zack Short, followed by a solo shot from CF Akil Baddoo. Both off Lakins. Tigers lead 5-1 after 8.

I didn't think the Orioles could stick with a powerhouse like Detroit for a full game. Certainly understandable to give up the long ball to established sluggers like Short and Baddoo. B|

Just now, spiritof66 said:

3-run HR by Tiger SS Zack Short, followed by a solo shot from CF Akil Baddoo. Both off Lakins. Tigers lead 5-1 after 8.

I didn't think the Orioles could stick with a powerhouse like Detroit for a full game. Certainly understandable to give up the long ball to established sluggers like Short and Baddoo. B|

When you score one run, you don't have a lot of room for error. This team has hit horribly this spring outside of a few guys and this was certainly not the major league squad sent to Lakeland.

Teams gotta love seeing the Orioles on their spring training schedule. Nothing like gaining some pitchers confidence after facing the Orioles hitters this spring. 

Honestly, all of the young players minus Rutschman and McKenna have looked really bad. Really disappointing to see them unable to compete. 

We may want to take a step back before we start claiming the Orioles hitting instruction has really made strides because I see a lot of upper cut swinging without a lot to show for it. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hard to imagine Zimmermann not in the rotation this year. 

Yes but where? He’s been better than anyone, even Means. If Means gets OD, and Kremer is on schedule for #2, Zimm at #3 or even at #2 seems reasonable.