MLB Pipeline ranks the Orioles as the #5 farm system

MurphDogg

65's on the fastball and changeup, and a 60 on the 3rd pitch in the Grayson toolkit on this report won't help my Strasburg-ian daydream expectations for first time in a game in what will end up near two calendar years.   Anybody could be anything by now, but he has some different anythings in his range.

I haven't gotten good enough at Fangraphs player pages to discover if they do ongoing grades for existing big leaguers, but would be curious to see if they have Cesar Valdez's control in the 60 range like famous strike throwers A. Wells and Stallings here.   The dead fish was a fun trick but enjoying it last fall I didn't realize he had a 1.0 BB/9 in a full starter's workload in 2019.

I guess Jahmai and the January 15 guys may be counted here where they weren't when we were more like 10th on earlier offseason lists.

Interesting list, and the player comments are solid. Ranking Maikol Hernandez at #22 and Sam Basallo at #28 were refreshing. Coby Mayo at #18 caught my eye with as much swing and miss as there is, but huge arm and power tools. Luis Ortiz LHP, along with Sedlock, fell off the list. 

Honestly, any list without Bruce Zimmermann is not complete. For me, he should be somewhere in the 12-15 range. 

The write-ups referenced the Fall Instructs on several occasions, even quoted an Orioles' employee as saying Vavra was a "moneyball-style 2B."