O's lose Ashton Goudeau on waiver claim

SteveA

Just now, SteveA said:

We tried to sneak him through early in anticipation of needing a spot on the 40 man for a non roster guy in the next couple weeks, and the Giants grabbed him.

Ashton, we hardly knew ye.

Giants seem to like our guys better than Elias does. Maybe Goudeau can say hi to Yaz.

• Upvote 1

Goudeau looked good this spring.  The O's have Davis to go on the 60 Day IL and Sceroler to be returned.   I guess they thought they needed a third spot.    Sorry to see him claimed. 

This may be a indication that Connor Greene makes the team. It may turn out that:

Zach Pop is let go in favor of Tyler Wells?

Ashton Goudeau is let in favor to Connor Greene?

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Goudeau looked good this spring.  The O's have Davis to go on the 60 Day IL and Sceroler to be returned.   I guess they thought they needed a third spot.    Sorry to see him claimed. 

This may be a indication that Connor Greene makes the team. It may turn out that:

Zach Pop is let go in favor of Tyler Wells?

Ashton Goudeau is let in favor to Connor Greene?

Do we know that Davis' injury is 60-day worthy?   

32 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Do we know that Davis' injury is 60-day worthy?   

We know the Orioles should make him worthy. If Davis spends any time on the active 26-man roster before September it will be a black mark against Elias. No way should he see an active roster this year. He should be placed on the 60-man IL for his back problems and then sent on long rehabs if he ever feels "good enough" to try to play again this year.

The Davis ship has long sailed and although it appears ownership refuses to let Elias release him in the offchance there's a work stoppage and they can save a few bucks, Elias' job is to find ways to keep him off his active roster.

I guess the Giants were waiting for....never mind. Seems to be a bit of a late bloomer, but we can't keep them all.

I agree with Tony that he should never again be on the Orioles' active roster, at least I hope not. And I think the less we know about his injury, the better. The only way it blows up on the Orioles is if Davis comes out and proclaims he is ready to play and somehow implicates the Orioles in some wrongdoing. Maybe Scott Boras has somehow convinced him that being injured is a good thing for all at this point. With that said, I am not advocating for insurance fraud here, but if he's the slightest bit banged up, so be it.