Renato Nunez cut by Tigers

Jammer7

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Matt Harvey,  Valdez, Tyler Wells, Sceroler, Plutko.  Plus the work that has been done to improve the pitching through the work of Holt and staff.

Lol

How is Sceroler upgrading the pitching?  He has been poor in the minors (at advanced ages) and has terrible numbers this spring.  Anyone in favor of sending down Akin should be totally against him making the team.

Plutko isnt good.

Valdez was on the team last year but he’s 36 and a complete unknown.  

Harvey and Wells could be something but Harvey has been awful the last few years and Wells wasn’t that good in the minors.

If this is your evidence for proving your point, you need to find better evidence.  

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

His call up at this point would only be to cover for injuries to other players.   He is not a finished product at this point.

No such thing as a finished product..people can’t seem to grasp such an obvious and simple concept.   

Players don’t come to the majors as “perfect players”,

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

His call up at this point would only be to cover for injuries to other players.   He is not a finished product at this point.

Wouldn't calling up an "unfinished product" be counter to all that BS Elias has been shoveling about earning promotions?

Just now, Sports Guy said:

No such thing as a finished product..people can’t seem to grasp such an obvious and simple concept.   

Players don’t come to the majors as “perfect players”,

If Felix Pie had been allowed to develop properly in the minor instead of being promoted at 22....Mike Trout.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I does expect this situation to happen.  I think either Santander or Stewart will be ready for OD.  Maybe both.  We are only talking about if both are not ready.

I’m all for Diaz coming up..I just hope he’s here to stay or, at the very least, is given a real sampling of at bats to show if he should be here or not.

Bringing him up now with the sole intention of sending him down in 2 weeks is dumb imo.

That being said, I do think it’s likely that both DJ and Santander start the year on the DL.  But do they bring up Diaz?

They don’t need an everyday player.  They just need a back up.  The thing is though, they would need to add someone to the 40 man roster (which is easy to do).  Chances are, they would be picking up someone who has been released who can DH and play the CO spots.

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m all for Diaz coming up..I just hope he’s here to stay or, at the very least, is given a real sampling of at bats to show if he should be here or not.

Bringing him up now with the sole intention of sending him down in 2 weeks is dumb imo.

That being said, I do think it’s likely that both DJ and Santander start the year on the DL.  But do they bring up Diaz?

They don’t need an everyday player.  They just need a back up.  The thing is though, they would need to add someone to the 40 man roster (which is easy to do).  Chances are, they would be picking up someone who has been released who can DH and play the CO spots.

That means adding to the 40 man roster and DFAing someone over a 2 week issue.   I doubt that.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That means adding to the 40 man roster and DFAing someone over a 2 week issue.   I doubt that.

If a guy like Sulser isn’t Making the team, you can DFA him.  He’s a nobody.

Or you return Max S, since he isn’t good.

Its a very easy problem to solve.

And I don’t think we have to look at this as just a 2 week issue unless the team believes Diaz will be brought up soon to stay. 

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

If Franco is the DH then he is not on the bench.   Therefore there will be an opening of the roster.  A see Diaz has the likely call up for that spot if Santander and Stewart are on the IL.

You are right. If both are on DL it would free up a spot.