Bedard on the block?

JTrea81

This doesn't matter...We are also talking Santana vs DCab...You keep posting the stats that compared them...So are you talking about the comparison, the trade or both?

What difference does any of this make? I don't think anyone has ever said that they wouldn't want Santana, just that trading Tejada for him would be stupid.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're better off with Tejada for the next year and a half than Santana and Aybar for the rest of their careers. Aybar has never impressed me and Santana is quickly becoming a Daniel Cabrera clone, with even less of an upside.

You don't think a BB rate of 3.2 is solid? Especially for a pitcher of his age?

I am not sure what league average is but that is a pretty good career rate for a guy who isn't 25 yet.

You said good, now you're saying solid. Still, it's not solid. It's in the bottom 25% of qualifiers, and even throwing in non-qualifiers it's still below the average for starters (~3.0). Given that his K/9 (and thus K/BB) isn't anything to get excited about, I'd say it's poor not solid.

His youth doesn't mean much to me considering the BB/9 hasn't improved even incrementally in the past three seasons.

So then i guess you are done with DCab then, right?

As anything more than a back of the rotation innings eater or a nice reliever, pretty much.

There is speculation among scouts that Bedard might be moved, it would be a long shot however. You might see some scouts on Friday though...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/mlb_experts/post/Five-and-Fly-Slim-pickings?urn=mlb,39722

As I sit here and am watching Bedard strike out 9 A's through 5 innings (so far), I say to myself why oh why would we EVER trade this guy. Give him whatever amount of money it takes to make him happy and make him the centerpiece of the team. Im only repeating what has been said on here many times, but if we lose him, we are going to take a few steps back. Yes trade from strength, but dont deal your ace, we have other pitchers. Granted none have his trade value, but it would be foolish to lose him.

Should we worry at all about his elbow with the increased amount of curve balls he is throwing?

? Why ? Barry Zito has never had elbow problems. Lots of pitchers throw curveballs without having problems. Lets not make problems where there are none.

Guest oriofan8
Should we worry at all about his elbow with the increased amount of curve balls he is throwing?

SG...was someone else on your 'puter this morning @ 2:29am :D:D

Should we worry about his elbow?? Every pitcher....shoot....every player has the potential to get hurt...steppin' outta the shower !!

:002_sbiggrin:

SG...was someone else on your 'puter this morning @ 2:29am :D:D

Should we worry about his elbow?? Every pitcher....shoot....every player has the potential to get hurt...steppin' outta the shower !!

:002_sbiggrin:

They let Bedard take showers?!?!? What if...;)

Archived