First Game of May: at Oakland

SteveA

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I've been watching  the Dodgers, Pads and Giants a lot. It really looks like two very good teams and one pretender, but the Giants keep getting it done.

Me as well. How about Milwaukee? Only allowed 2 runs in two games vs the Dodgers. I really like Josh Hader. He's great! I also watch Colorado and Arizona.I actually like AZ because I used to live there and went to a ton of games. 

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Harvey walked a batter on 4 pitches, and then went 2-0 on the very next batter ...... and he swung at the 2-0 pitch. Thanks.

o

He wasn't quite that wild. The walk included two pitches that were in the strike zone, though.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Harvey walked a batter on 4 pitches, and then went 2-0 on the very next batter ...... and he swung at the 2-0 pitch. Thanks.

o

4 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

He wasn't quite that wild. The walk included two pitches that were in the strike zone, though.

o

I know, the umpire was squeezing him. But it still was a bad idea to swing at a 2-0 pitch when you are down by 6 runs and the previous batter walked on 4 pitches. If the umpire is doing you favors, don't stop him from doing so.

o

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

I know, the umpire was squeezing him. But it still was a bad idea to swing at a 2-0 pitch when you are down by 6 runs and the previous batter walked on 4 pitches. If the umpire is doing you favors, don't stop him from doing so.

I didn't say otherwise -- just pointing out that Harvey didn't look like a guy who couldn't get the ball over the plate. 

Nonetheless, in that situation, down by six, you've got to take some pitches to try to get on base.