2021 Orioles Prospect Power Rankings (Top 50)

Tony-OH

20 hours ago, waroriole said:

When you say defensive struggles for Henderson, do you mean he’s not going to make it as a SS, or he may not even be a 3B?

I agree with you on Hall. It’s hard to keep him Top 5 when he’s looking more and more like a reliever. 

It's too early to say he can't stay on the left side of the infield and he does have very good athleticism, but he's made a lot of errors since becoming a pro and I just saw him botch as routine a ball a they come on a grounder right to him while in a shift standing at SS.

He's young and there is no way I'd move him, but I do think they need to decide what position they want to develop him at and keep him there so he can gain some comfortability instead of bouncing him back and forth between 3B and SS.

• Upvote 1

If you're looking for a fantasy player in a very deep league consider Anderson De Los Santos. 

3rd baseman/shortstop for Orioles 1.

17 years old. 5'11" 185 lbs.

Batting .324/432/568.

37 at bats, 7 walks, 8 strikeouts. 2 homers.

3 errors at 3rd, 2 errors at short.

$350,000 bonus on Jan 15. Maikel Hernandez gets most of the starts at short for Orioles 1.

Maybe there is footage on YouTube.  Got their only hit today.

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:59 PM, waynebug said:

If you're looking for a fantasy player in a very deep league consider Anderson De Los Santos. 

3rd baseman/shortstop for Orioles 1.

17 years old. 5'11" 185 lbs.

Batting .324/432/568.

37 at bats, 7 walks, 8 strikeouts. 2 homers.

3 errors at 3rd, 2 errors at short.

$350,000 bonus on Jan 15. Maikel Hernandez gets most of the starts at short for Orioles 1.

Maybe there is footage on YouTube.  Got their only hit today.

Well he's certainly off to a better start than the two bonus babies down there. 

Baseball America has a new updated Top 30 prospect list for all teams.  The Orioles first 4 draft choices made their new list.

Cowser,Norby, Trimble and Rhodes.  They even commented on how they are slowly, steadily building their system.

Since free agent pitchers will not come here you wonder about the draft priorities, though.

4 hours ago, waynebug said:

Baseball America has a new updated Top 30 prospect list for all teams.  The Orioles first 4 draft choices made their new list.

Cowser,Norby, Trimble and Rhodes.  They even commented on how they are slowly, steadily building their system.

Since free agent pitchers will not come here you wonder about the draft priorities, though.

The Pitching will come in trades of guys like Mullins, Mountcastle, and Hayes, because some of Stowers, Haskins, Cowser and Mundy are ready.  

• Upvote 1

Tony has Rom at #10.  Alex Wells ahead of Rom tells me whoever did BAs list is really not current with the Orioles system.

Our only homegrown pitching prospects were drafted by Duquette.   Rodriguez, Hall, Rom

I tend to take a more favorable opinion of Duquette.  I think he was working in an impossible environment with a meddling old owner.

Just like my football team, the Dallas Cowboys.  A meddling old multibillionaire fool who appointed himself General Manager.

11 hours ago, waroriole said:

Not far off. Hall has control and injury problems. Rom has been putting up good numbers all season. With a healthy Hall, you could make the argument for Rom at #3. 

No issue with any of the above.  But he ain't #2. And I like Rom a good bit.  If you want to say he could be 3 than fine.  But Rodriguez and Hall are on another level. I think people really undersell how dominant Hall has been. 

Is the 2020 draft looking that bad?  All things considered I think there is some hope that from where it stands right now that this time next year it could turn real fast.

1.  Kjerstad - The heart condition is bad luck for the O’s, but good luck for Kjerstad.  At least now he knows he has it.  If we can just get him playing that I think his skills will take over.

2A - Westburg -  A SS/3B whose been putting up a big overall OPS across two levels.  Playing a premium position as well. 

2. Haskin - A toolsy CF that is flirting with an .800 OPS after playing in two levels this year.  I’ll take that at a premium position.

3. Severido - He’s suffered some bad luck with an injury, but before that he was an OBP machine.  Again, playing a premium position at SS.

4. Mayo - 19 yo putting up a 1.000+ OPS currently while at least getting ran out there at 3B.  He’s putting up Mountcastle/Gunnar numbers so far in his debut season.  Even if he’s only a 1B, it looks like the bat will be there.

5. Baumler - TCU commit and one of the top prep arms.  Again, just some bad luck.  I’m not sure when he had TJ surgery, but if he could get some IP in at the FCL next year as a 20 yo, that would be huge.  

We’ve had some back luck with injuries but that happens.  Especially off a COVID year.  When these guys have been on the field they have looked real good.  If Baumler were pitching in the FCL right now, and Kjerstad was even putting up Westburg type numbers, we’d be talking about this draft as being great.  Just some bad injury luck so far.

• Upvote 1