2021 Orioles Prospect Power Rankings (Top 50)

Tony-OH

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Westburg’s arm.  He may have to move to 2B. 

Except for one person, I haven't seen anyone questioning his arm

2b is still an up the middle defensive position, on the defensive spectrum it is still extremely high (spectrum order can be debated, especially with increased shifting but it is at least equally as high as 3b)

• Upvote 2

On 8/18/2021 at 6:43 AM, RZNJ said:

To see a guy like Adam Hall at 48 and some of the other names not in the top 30, tells me how far this system has come as far as depth since I can remember at any time previously. 

https://www.orioleshangout.com/2020/10/12/2020-top-30-prospect-list/

I don't follow as much as some, so I went digging a bit further.  He was #21 just last year.  Clearly he can slide for other reasons and a non-playing COVID year makes this list a bit more fluid, but that is a big difference.

25 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

https://www.orioleshangout.com/2020/10/12/2020-top-30-prospect-list/

I don't follow as much as some, so I went digging a bit further.  He was #21 just last year.  Clearly he can slide for other reasons and a non-playing COVID year makes this list a bit more fluid, but that is a big difference.

High K rate, no power, not good defensive on the dirt and has been out with quadricep strain except for one game on August 12th, since 21 July. 

I think he was exposed this year in High-A though in his defense, he was hitting better in July before the injury though the K's were still a bit high for a player with little game power.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Sure, but IMO in the old days he'd still be a top 20 guy, maybe even top 15.

Guess it depends on the year.  He’s basically a non prospect right now.  Maybe some years he would have been but I think a lot of the guys Tony has in front of him aren’t real prospects either, so I think this is more about Hall than it is the state of the system.  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Guess it depends on the year.  He’s basically a non prospect right now.  Maybe some years he would have been but I think a lot of the guys Tony has in front of him aren’t real prospects either, so I think this is more about Hall than it is the state of the system.  

He was a real prospect 2 years ago at age 20 in Low A ball with good numbers and playing SS/2B.    I understand him sliding but kinda rough to call him a non-prospect based on a very disappointing 2-3 months.

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He was a real prospect 2 years ago at age 20 in Low A ball with good numbers and playing SS/2B.    I understand him sliding but kinda rough to call him a non-prospect based on a very disappointing 2-3 months.

Yeah, I wouldn’t say non-prospect but his status has taken a hit for sure.   Plus, we’ve added Norby into the crowded mix at 2B.

28 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

That was 2 years ago.  He’s now 22, in Hi A and has a sub 700 OPS.

He had a sub 400 slugging but his BA and OBP were very good.  They suck right now.

Im not saying he can’t regain prospect status, some guys just have off years..it happens frequently.  But he’s a non prospect right now.  If we had to protect him from the rule 5, I wouldn’t even consider it right now.

• Like 1