Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

13 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

The swing reminded me more of Bryce Harper. 

I can see that, actually. I only joked about Zunino because there actually are several parallels. Great defensive catcher, high draft pick, former top prospect, huge power, lots of swing and miss. 

Seems Zunino might be the floor. 

23 hours ago, LTO's said:

445 feet. 

Insignificant observation:

I noticed Rutschman touched the bases with his left foot as he rounded them for the home run (even made a stutter step at second base to make sure he touched with his left foot at second base).  I don't know that I've ever seen someone do this.  Admittedly, I don't pay that much attention to how people touch the bases as they round them in their home run trots, the stutter step just caught my eye.  I always used my right foot - I think there was a lower chance of tripping over the bag by doing so.  I would guess most people touch them with their right foot.  Just a meaningless observation that has no bearing on anything whatsoever.

Bobby Witt, Jr. is playing great right now - just saying.

4 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Insignificant observation:

I noticed Rutschman touched the bases with his left foot as he rounded them for the home run (even made a stutter step at second base to make sure he touched with his left foot at second base).  I don't know that I've ever seen someone do this.  Admittedly, I don't pay that much attention to how people touch the bases as they round them in their home run trots, the stutter step just caught my eye.  I always used my right foot - I think there was a lower chance of tripping over the bag by doing so.  I would guess most people touch them with their right foot.  Just a meaningless observation that has no bearing on anything whatsoever.

Bobby Witt, Jr. is playing great right now - just saying.

He's got an OPS under .700 in Double A.  Aggressive placement.  Probably should have started in A ball.  The O's would have him in Delmarva if they had drafted him....no doubt. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, he did say he is playing great right now..and he is.  He has been hot the last week or so.  OPS up almost 200 points.

I guess, but parsing things in five game increments is a little silly. Especially when those five games were against the Springfield Cardinals, who are the Fredericksburg Nationals of the AA-Central League. Springfield's team ERA is 6.75, two and a third runs worse than every other team in the league.

21 strikeouts, 7 walks and 4 extra base hits in 76 plate appearances. Of the 6 players in the league with a baseball age under 22, he has the lowest OBP, the worst K/BB ratio and the second lowest OPS.

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I guess, but parsing things in five game increments is a little silly. Especially when those five games were against the Springfield Cardinals, who are the Fredericksburg Nationals of the AA-Central League. Springfield's team ERA is 6.75, two and a third runs worse than every other team in the league.

21 strikeouts, 7 walks and 4 extra base hits in 76 plate appearances. Of the 6 players in the league with a baseball age under 22, he has the lowest OBP, the worst K/BB ratio and the second lowest OPS.

Sure but we are talking about a very small sample size either way.

We are also talking about a kid who is young for his league too.