Kevin Smith 2021

Frobby

• 3 weeks later...

Terrible final outing of the year for Smith (6 BB in 1.2 IP). He appeared to be a lock to be added to the 40-man after dominating in Bowie this year, but he might have pitched himself off of it after his performance in Norfolk (6.23 ERA, 7.83 BB/9, 2.24 HR/9).

Mike clearly liked him when he made the trade. Do you think Smith still gets added this winter? Would a team Rule 5 him?

On 10/2/2021 at 12:09 PM, luismatos4prez said:

Terrible final outing of the year for Smith (6 BB in 1.2 IP). He appeared to be a lock to be added to the 40-man after dominating in Bowie this year, but he might have pitched himself off of it after his performance in Norfolk (6.23 ERA, 7.83 BB/9, 2.24 HR/9).

Mike clearly liked him when he made the trade. Do you think Smith still gets added this winter? Would a team Rule 5 him?

I don't think he gets protected and I think there's a chance he gets selected, but not sure he deserves a 40-man spot given the roster crunch we are bound to have. There are a number of guys to protect ahead of him.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:09 PM, luismatos4prez said:

I don't see him as a guy you protect. He's a lefty reliever type swing man for me at best.

• Upvote 1