MiLB hot and cold so far

Legend_Of_Joey

@Legend_Of_Joey, this is awesome.  Thanks for putting this together.

Finally...FINALLY...the minors section is a place to really dive into and check out what prospects are doing good.  That's absolutely NOT to say that the powers that be who run the board are have done a bad job...far from it, the coverage, info and insight here has always been stellar.  It's just that there seem to be so many more exciting players to check in for updates on a daily/nightly basis.   The minors section, IMO, is now the most exciting place on the board.

If guys like Vavra, Bradish, Brnovich and Ortiz can continue to produce and make noise, our system has to be in the top 3 headed into next year.  

• Upvote 1

Great job, LoJ!   I think Sunday night/Monday is a great time to take stock of our MiL system since Monday is an off day.

Just to complete the picture on the teams, Aberdeen is 8-4 despite taking it on the chin today.    So all the affiliates except Norfolk are playing very well.  

Worth noting, Bowie is hitting the snot out of the ball at 7.83 runs/game, tops in the AA Northeast (I hate the generic names of these leagues).   Delmarva is second in the Low-A East (ugh!) at 7.42 runs game.   Those teams are really raking.   Aberdeen has the second best ERA in the High A East (blech!) at 3.26.   

Johnny Rizer has only played 7 games for Aberdeen but has a 1.227 OPS.

As to DL Hall, his pitch counts in his first two games weren’t bad: 74 in 4.1 in his first start and 62 in 5.0 in the second.    He was dominant in both those outings.   Tough day yesterday but overall I’m excited about him.   Let’s see what happens next time out.  

• Upvote 3

I also have these sheets that I've shared before. They just track our top prospects across the board. It's a nice way to see them all in one place and I enjoy updating them daily or close to daily. I know some people have enjoyed following along. I have them sorted by MLB Top 30 Orioles Prospects and then the unlisted guys I have sorted by level. Also, on the right I have how we acquired them.

Link to Hitters

Link to Pitchers

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

He's also on the 7-day IL. Perhaps the Chris Davis DL stint, not sure but he's a NP anyways. One of the more weird pickups by the Orioles.

Any word on the Vespi injury? he's been on the Bowie IL for a couplw weeks now.

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I really want to update this soon. I held off due to the promotions, but now most players have been there atleast 2 weeks.

The team has been playing decently the last few weeks, after a miserable start.