Update on Kjerstad (No Bueno)

NelsonCruuuuuz

Sounds like there needs to be a reminder that no one could see this coming. No amount of "research" changes that. Can't predict how a young, healthy, 21(2?) year old responds to Covid. Whether he went 2nd, 5th or 10th. Rare, unpredictable and unfortunate circumstance. Sucks it happened to us and our guy. Can't fault anyone for that. Hope he gets better soon.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

So you're saying if Elias had done more research on Kjerstad he would have known about the heart condition before the draft? Was there readily available evidence Kjerstad had a heart problem? Did other teams come out and say they were going to pass on him because of a heart condition?

Do you think the team doctors who did a physical on him before signing his contract didn't do an in-depth job for some reason?

You wouldn't have made this thread if we'd drafted Austin Martin and he came down with a heart condition. You're mad that Elias didn't pick a guy that publications (who by the way know less about most prospects than any major league team) thought was about six picks higher than the guy we took. And because you're mad, you've decided that everything that goes wrong with Heston Kjerstad is a black mark on Elias.

I'm sure if Kjerstad tripped walking down some stairs and had to miss the season because of a compound fracture, you'd probably be mad that Elias didn't properly test Kjerstad's coordination before signing him.

Consider that you're talking about something you know nothing about and should stop.

You don’t know a damn thing about me and what I know and don’t know or who I know or what I have heard. Such courage from posters on an internet message board. Go back to your mantra that Elias is god and Os are a well oiled machine. You are the one that should not talk about info you don’t know a thing about. 

21 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Sounds like there needs to be a reminder that no one could see this coming. No amount of "research" changes that. Can't predict how a young, healthy, 21(2?) year old responds to Covid. Whether he went 2nd, 5th or 10th. Rare, unpredictable and unfortunate circumstance. Sucks it happened to us and our guy. Can't fault anyone for that. Hope he gets better soon.

I had not heard that Covid was involved.  Where did you find that information?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was just naming a guy that was a high draft pick that was supposedly never healthy.

If healthy I think Kjerstad is a better prospect than a healthy Hobgood would have been.

We will never know.   I just hope Kjerstad eventually gets healthy and, secondarily, is able to play baseball.   

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I had not heard that Covid was involved.  Where did you find that information?

I swore I read that. Or maybe I just read a bunch of inferences. Hard not to put 2 and 2 together, I guess. Given a "inflammation of the heart" is a symptom of Covid, when it's the year Covid. We saw it with Eduardo, that college bball kid from FSU (?). Anyways, no sources, probably inferred. My apologies. 

The rest of my point still stands.