Connolly: Trade Deadline thoughts

Sports Guy

19 hours ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

You pick that outlet to be your rankings? I can find 3-4 saying O’s are top 5. 5th to be exact. 
I’ve asked multiple times where you get your information for why you do or don’t like a player being drafted and you refuse to answer. 
If BR is your way of learning you should expand your horizon. 

I didn’t like the pick of Kjerstad before the health issues. I feel passing on BPA is a bad strategy. For the record, I wanted Martin but would’ve also been very happy with Lacy.

I’m not crazy about choosing a COF with a top 5 pick. So far it appears that they didn’t pick the kid this year to save money or play overslot later.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well, 1-5 hasn’t factored into these rankings yet and 1-2 has not been able to contribute.   But I don’t disagree.   I would have expected any new GM coming to a rebuild to improve the talent in the farm system by a good degree.

There are some across the board improvements I like, though.  The selectivity of the hitters is vastly improved.    The K rates of the pitchers are increasing.   The number of positive development stories seems to be outnumbering the disappointments by a good margin.   

The big caveat I’d have is the disappointment with Akin, Kremer and Lowther.    

The results for Elias have looked good in the minors,but until some of that translates to the majors, I can't consider Elias a successful GM.  Concerning too that Elias decided to punt on pitchers in the draft.  Pitching is obviously the MLB O's #1 problem, so you think that would be a focus in the draft and everything the O's do. 

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The results for Elias have looked good in the minors,but until some of that translates to the majors, I can't consider Elias a successful GM.  Concerning too that Elias decided to punt on pitchers in the draft.  Pitching is obviously the MLB O's #1 problem, so you think that would be a focus in the draft and everything the O's do. 

Maybe his focus is on the sticky icky over quality, whatever gets you the edge, right? Like stealing signs. 

http://Spider Tack Competition Grade 2.5oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049UJWII/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Y9SWKP89MD2APW30TS7E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Less then a week left and pretty quite on Orioles talk and little movement so far.  Who will be the first big dominoe to fall.  Bryant, Story, or pitching.  I think the starter market going to be pretty thin this year.   

They seem to be taking care of old guys first.   Two of the three oldest players in the league have been traded in the two significant deals in the last 24 hours.