Sunday June 27: Orioles try to get a series split in Buffalo

SteveA

Just now, Gurgi said:

Stewart sucks.....god he should of caught that ball. 

Yup, and he wasn't even in the vicinity - after a bad first step.  Hays would of caught that.  Stewart should never play in the OF in a close game.    

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

So when he OPSed .802 in 25 at bats in 2019 for Arizona, he was a good major league hitter.

And now that he went 2 for 22 this year he is a bad major league hitter?

Do you have no concept of sample size?   

You seem like such an intelligent person, sometimes I wonder if you are being intentionally obtuse just to provoke responses.

I am moderately intelligent, and I will remind you there was a reason the worst team in baseball gave up on him, and it is unwise to look at small sample size, but it is doubly unwise to look at small sample size from two years ago instead of small sample size from last month, the Burden of proof is on him to show that he can hit, and I submit that at the moment he has not shown that.

Edited by Philip
Modesty :-)

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I am moderately intelligent, and I will remind you there was a reason the worst team in baseball gave up on him, and it is unwise to look at small sample size, but it is doubly unwise to look at small sample size from two years ago instead of small sample size from last month, the Burden of proof is on him to show that he can hit, and I submit that at the moment he has not shown that.

He hasn't shown he can hit, but he hasn't shown he can't either, IMO. He gets an "incomplete"

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

Well, I’ve been working, but I see that once again the manager left the starter in too long, and suffered as a result.

It was a fly ball to left. If you have about any other left fielder in baseball he catches it and then if your score here Lopez gets a chance at a win.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

You made a blanket statement: "He is a terrible hitter".  I called you on it.  Now you are trying to rewrite what you said by saying he has the burden of proof to show he can hit in the majors, a bland statement that says nothing and applies to everyone that comes to the majors for the first time including Vlad Guerrero and Mike Trout. 

But hey, your proclamation got me to engage which was probably your goal.