Sunday June 27: Orioles try to get a series split in Buffalo

SteveA

Ouch.  White Sox slugging 1Bman just took a fastball in the knee and writhed in pain I. The ground for a bit.  Just helped off the field putting zero weight at all on that leg.

Sox have lost so many key guys to injury this year 

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You made a blanket statement: "He is a terrible hitter".  I called you on it.  Now you are trying to rewrite what you said by saying he has the burden of proof to show he can hit in the majors, a bland statement that says nothing and applies to everyone that comes to the majors for the first time including Vlad Guerrero and Mike Trout. 

But hey, your proclamation got me to engage which was probably your goal. 

Yeah he’s a terrible hitter. Now, he may NOT be, but like I said the burden of proof is on him. Other teams have analysts and too, and they didn’t give him away without giving up on him.

FWIW, I bet the Mets fans are having this same conversation about Sisco

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Yeah he’s a terrible hitter. Now, he may NOT be, but like I said the burden of proof is on him. Other teams have analysts and too, and they didn’t give him away without giving up on him.

FWIW, I bet the Mets fans are having this same conversation about Sisco

Chance Sisco has a sample size of 500+ major league ABs to show what kind of MLB hitter he is.  I see no comparison.

17 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

It was a fly ball to left. If you have about any other left fielder in baseball he catches it and then if your score here Lopez gets a chance at a win.

No, Lopez threw 100 pitches. He started the inning at close to 90. Shouldn’t let him start the inning because bad things happen. 

Jesus, gruesome injury in Cleveland.  Cleveland RF (Naylor?) and 2Bman collide going after a check swing bloop by the Twins in shallow RF.  Naylor is spun around and cones down with his knee and ankle in a gruesome position.  Carted off the field.  If you are squeamish don't watch the replay.  

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Chance Sisco has a sample size of 500+ major league ABs to show what kind of MLB hitter he is.  I see no comparison.

We gave up on him because among other things he is a terrible hitter at the major-league level, although he was an excellent heater at the minor-league level. This guy has a pretty good minor league hitting record, but even if you combine his major-league stats he’s not good, so yeah I think you can compare them. Make no mistake, I’m rooting for the guy, I hope he does well, but when the second worst team in the major leagues put a guy on waivers, it’s not because he’s good.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Trey Mancini has been cold for two weeks........cold as ice. 

And grounds out softly to the pitcher - after getting the benefit of what probably should have been called strike 3.  He didn't look comfortable at all - that at bat.  Discouraging.