2021 Orioles Draft Tracker

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't follow the NFL draft that closely but I seem to recall the Redskins, back when they were the Redskins, have a draft in which they took an inordinate amount of Tight Ends because their metrics told them they were the best player available.

I think Elias has an internal bias towards college players and position players early in the draft.

Do we know that that is a bad thing?

I've not stated with certainty that it is a bad thing.

I just gave my opinion.

As I stated earlier I liked the 2019 draft, I don't like the 2021 draft.

If the 2021 draft turns out better than the 2019 draft you'd probably be a pretty happy guy.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't like the players they picked.

I don't like the emphasis on college outfielders.

I don't like the deluge of right handed college pitchers on day three.

I agree on 2 and 3.   I’m very humble when it comes to criticizing the quality of the individual players.   I don’t know one way or the other, and I’ll root for all of them to be great.

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree on 2 and 3.   I’m very humble when it comes to criticizing the quality of the individual players.   I don’t know one way or the other, and I’ll root for all of them to be great.

I try not to get into individual picks beyond the bare bones of if I think they were a good pick at the slot and for the amount of money they received.

When I say I don't like the players I am talking about those two things.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I try not to get into individual picks beyond the bare bones of if I think they were a good pick at the slot and for the amount of money they received.

When I say I don't like the players I am talking about those two things.

With those parameters, would you agree that you don't have one tenth the information that Elias has when the pick is made? And sometimes no information whatsoever?

Just now, 7Mo said:

With those parameters, would you agree that you don't have one tenth the information that Elias has when the pick is made? And sometimes no information whatsoever?

What is even the point of this question?

To get me to admit ignorance?

Not sure how you get off on that but sure, Elias has loads more information than I do. 

So did the president when I was in the army, doesn't mean I agreed with every decision he made. 

What is even the point of this question?

To get me to admit ignorance?

Not sure how you get off on that but sure, Elias has loads more information than I do. 

So did the president when I was in the army, doesn't mean I agreed with every decision he made. 

The point is you constantly post how wrong every decision is, when you don't know what information the choice was based on. And if someone points out where you're wrong, you move the target.

And if that's what you enjoy, feel free. You keep doing you. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 7Mo said:

The point is you constantly post how wrong every decision is, when you don't know what information the choice was based on. And if someone points out where you're wrong, you move the target.

And if that's what you enjoy, feel free. You keep doing you. 

No I don't.  I post how I disagree with the decision.

Not sure how you can't see that isn't the same thing.

But whatever, you obviously enjoying posting about me more than posting about the team.

And if that's what you enjoy, feel free.  You keep doing you.

• Haha 1

But whatever, you obviously enjoying posting about me more than posting about the team.

Yes, you disagree. With everything. It's either Elias' fault or ownership being cheap. But it's always wrong.

I post about the prospects a lot. I'm not surprised that you don't see positive stuff though. That's not your focus. That's not what you're interested in seeing.

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just go to Can_of oorn Hangout, where we have different forums about your different types of opinions.   This one goes in the “Thinks He Knows Better Than the GM” forum.   There’s also the “Ways to Spend the Owner’s Money” forum, the “Moral High Horse” forum, the “Thinks He Knows How to Cook” forum, and the “Terrible Taste in Music” forum.   And of course, the “Beating a Dead Horse - Again’” forum.?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, RZNJ said:

No but I might roll my eyes.  Much less painful.   We are both old guys but you have me beat.   I have a show for you.  I just binged on it for the last 3-5 days.   The Kominsky Method.

Loved it.   I do wonder what is the age limit for enjoying that show.