Ask me about a prospect. (Early July)

Tony-OH

I've tried to keep up with each thread when someone has asked about a prospect, but i thought I'd make a thread where you can ask about any player in the system and I'll give my current thoughts on him. Remember, if you are asking me on the Florida Development League guys I don't have much on them right now.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

Would love to hear about Kyle Stowers, who seems kind of fringey or on the McKenna track in terms of prospect status. He's someone we don't hear too much about. 

Stowers is an interesting player because he has some tools to work off of and he's starting to tap into his power a little bit more during game time. He seems to hold his own against lefties and he's shown some ability work counts. He runs well, and defensively, he's best suited for corner outfield and arm looks pretty solid. 

He's probably going to jump Diaz in the rankings here soon, especially since he has the skill of staying healthy. He's definitely a guy that has a chance to be an everyday outfielder in the big league still. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

If you had to choose one, who has the highest upside among the Bowie OF group of Neustrom, Turchin, Rizer and Stowers?       

Stowers has the best tools and has produced fairly well this year. He's got the most upside for me out of this group.

• Like 1

Thoughts on Ofelky Peralta.

Saw that you downgraded Johnny Rizer but I've been hopeful about him.

Zach Watson had a very productive college career but hasn't hit in 2 years. Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Stowers is an interesting player because he has some tools to work off of and he's starting to tap into his power a little bit more during game time. He seems to hold his own against lefties and he's shown some ability work counts. He runs well, and defensively, he's best suited for corner outfield and arm looks pretty solid. 

He's probably going to jump Diaz in the rankings here soon, especially since he has the skill of staying healthy. He's definitely a guy that has a chance to be an everyday outfielder in the big league still. 

Was wondering how long Diaz stays highly rated...not only doesn't stay healthy, he's never really been all that productive with us when he is healthy.

Tony, I am very grateful for this thread,But I think you have really opened yourself up to a whole lot of work. I don’t know who are the other minor league experts here, But I hope they will reach out to you and offered to help with this universe of information to sort through.

meanwhile, I’d like to ask about Watkins? It’s possible this is already been covered, but, I’d like to know whether he was in the top 30, and whether he is just a warm body here for a game or two, or has genuine potential?

Edited by Philip
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

Tony, I am very grateful for this thread,But I think you have really opened yourself up to a whole lot of work. I don’t know who are the other minor league experts here, But I hope they will reach out to you and offered to help with this universe of information to sort through.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say Tony doesn't feel a need to hear from other posters on this board about minor leaguers in this system.