Question about Sat Bobblehead Game Sat

NelsonCruuuuuz

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Friday t-shirt is first 15000.

Saturday Palmer Bobble is 20000.

I remember that from the commercial.   What I don't remember was whether it was 20000 people or 20000 over a certain age, or whatever.

Probably just people.   I’d think you’d want to be there 30 minutes early.

Just now, Frobby said:

Probably just people.   I’d think you’d want to be there 30 minutes early.

And don't forget it's a 6:35 gametime instead of the usual 7:05.

My friend and I are going out and hitting a brewery or two downtown before the game, including Peabody Heights Brewing which is on the exact site of Old Oriole Park which burned down in the late 40s I think.   But we will head to the game in time to be there before 6.

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And don't forget it's a 6:35 gametime instead of the usual 7:05.

My friend and I are going out and hitting a brewery or two downtown before the game, including Peabody Heights Brewing which is on the exact site of Old Oriole Park which burned down in the late 40s I think.   But we will head to the game in time to be there before 6.

Wow! Didn’t know that! Thanks for sharing that! Good beer?

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Wow! Didn’t know that! Thanks for sharing that! Good beer?

Peabody Heights has a few very good IPAs/hazy's.   They aren't on the shelf much where I shop in Howard County, so I'm looking forward to trying a taster flight of a bunch of different brews Saturday and maybe buying a pack or two of my favorites.  

And since I'll be just a few blocks from where Memorial Stadium was, of course I'll make a quick spin around the old site to see what it looks like now.   I think I've been in that part of town once in the past 20 years, when I went to the Waverly Farmers Market one Sunday morning 7 or 8 years ago.   Kind of odd when you think the literally hundreds of trips I made to that neighborhood to watch the Orioles, Colts, Baltimore CFL team, and Ravens (and a Penn State/Maryland game, and a Bowie Baysox game their first year where they played at Memorial Stadium while the ballpark in Bowie was being built).    Several hundred times in my youth, and now I'll be going back for about the 2nd time in 23 years.

8 hours ago, Gatoriole said:

As an out of market fan, I'm willing to pay $40 plus shipping if anyone gets an extra bobblehead.

EBay was founded in 1995, there are several listed on there already. 

Side note: I love the people that sit by the exit & say they will buy your Bobblehead for $5 or $10 as you walk out of the game lol. Like a whole $10?!?! Really???:)

• Upvote 1

Orioles have sent out an announcement that with the anticipated large crowds, the gates are opening tomorrow at 5:00 PM for the 6:35 PM game.

(I'm not usually an early arriver so I don't know how early they have been opening for other games.  95 minutes doesn't seem super early to me, but maybe it is post-Covid).

The Orioles have modified their planned rotation.   Tomorrow's game will now be Matt Harvey vs Scherzer, instaed of Spenser Watkins.

Means will go Sunday on normal rest after Tuesday's start.

Watkins will be pushed off until next Tuesday vs Miami.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

Orioles have sent out an announcement that with the anticipated large crowds, the gates are opening tomorrow at 5:00 PM for the 6:35 PM game.

(I'm not usually an early arriver so I don't know how early they have been opening for other games.  95 minutes doesn't seem super early to me, but maybe it is post-Covid).

I think it was the same for Hawaiian shirt night.   I gates have normally been opened 60 minutes before game time this year.   And only certain gates are open, as you probably know.