A Few Developments

Peace21

PEace..Your guy is the agent for Lester?

Am I the only one who sees a red flag in this? If Peace really was friends with Lester's agent, would he want to reveal his source's identity on a message board? Usually our posters with insider connections are very protective of their sources' identity.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who?????????

Tex is President Bush, right? Big Tex?

BTW, did no one stop to think that maybe the Rangers requested Youkilis, Lester, and a prospect? Like they requested Saltalamacchia? Hello? Bueller?

I know we're getting antsy here but some people in this thread are just out of control! ;)

My guy did say if the O's did dangle Bedard, thered be atleast 10 teams lining up.

Oh god. This is why we NEED to put Bedard out there. Just like there are teams willing to give out absurd contracts (like the Cubs gave Soriano), there will be teams who are absolutely determined to get a guy like Bedard if he's on the block and offer ridiculous packages. We'd have probably half of the teams in MLB in a bidding war to get this guy who - if Peace is to be believed - will NOT sign an extension here, anyway. A comp pick is nothing compared to what we could get for this guy.

Am I the only one who sees a red flag in this? If Peace really was friends with Lester's agent, would he want to reveal his source's identity on a message board? Usually our posters with insider connections are very protective of their sources' identity.

I agree. Never, and the Dip means NEVER has a source revealed their contact. Maybe this is a first, and maybe Peace is dead on with this. Or maybe its just another in a looooooooong string of rumors that happen every year at the trade deadline! ;)

Oh god. This is why we NEED to put Bedard out there. Just like there are teams willing to give out absurd contracts (like the Cubs gave Soriano), there will be teams who are absolutely determined to get a guy like Bedard if he's on the block and offer ridiculous packages. We'd have probably half of the teams in MLB in a bidding war to get this guy who - if Peace is to be believed - will NOT sign an extension here, anyway. A comp pick is nothing compared to what we could get for this guy.

I agree, but what further information do we really have on Bedard's intentions. It's all just conjecture, and I am not trading a top 5 pitcher on conjecture.

You mention that your contact says "of course" when asked about the Orioles shopping Tejada and Cabrera, what I'm wondering is what does your contact think about the return that those two players can get?

Last night, and about 8 pages back, I said I thought this thread was a crock....and I still do. Questioning the info provided by a (supposed) "insider" is considered by many on OH to be imprudent, but IMO, both the Tex and Bedard rumors appear to be conveniently contrived....like so many other unfounded rumors that send many OH'ers into a tizzy.

I agree. Never, and the Dip means NEVER has a source revealed their contact. Maybe this is a first, and maybe Peace is dead on with this. Or maybe its just another in a looooooooong string of rumors that happen every year at the trade deadline! ;)

You said, "THE Dip." :eek::eek::eek:

I agree, but what further information do we really have on Bedard's intentions. It's all just conjecture, and I am not trading a top 5 pitcher on conjecture.

Well it's not like we wouldn't get a solid return on him even if Peace's source was wrong.

The O's need to sit down with Bedard and his agent this offseason and discuss this. If he really does not intend to sign an extension with us, that means he doesn't really want to be here anyway, so a trade would benefit both sides.

Only question is, assuming we don't trade him before July 31, should we trade him in this offseason or wait until the 2008 trade deadline? Which would yield bigger returns?

What does Youkilis have to do to earn some respect from the Red Sox organization? It's unbelievable to me how much they seem to undervalue him (overall, not just in this trade scenario). You're essentially talking about trading him AND prospects (and I'd consider Lester more than a prospect) for a fairly similar, possibly slightly better player who is more expensive and under control for less time. What am I missing here? The only possible answer I can think of is that Youk must have done somebody's wife. That or they really, really hate how young men all over Boston are copying his ugly goatee. They are crazy if they do that. I would even go as far as to say they are doing it for no reason other than to block the Yankees, and I think it will backfire on them if they do it and the Yankees will somehow end up catching them for the division title. I'll be rooting for it to happen too. And trading a guy who just came back from cancer? I'm no Cindy when it comes to trades, but that's pretty cold-hearted... and probably shortsighted. His value has to be way down right now. I hate the Red Sox!
It's the goatee, and to block the MFY's. And look what they did to poor Bronson after he took less money to stay in bean town.

Would you take Beltran for Bedard even up?

Archived