Saturday afternoon August 14: Chris Sale makes his first start of the season

SteveA

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Good inning for Lopez.  Let's put another couple runs on the board 

The Oriole always put enough runs on the board to TEASE YOU into thinking they can come back. Get the tie run, winning run to the plate... and then last inning third out thanks for coming out NYTOL! :new_wave:

0 for 30 with runners in scoring position.  That's just a damn joke.  Even if you have a .200 batting average, there should be about a tenth of percent chance of a sequence of 30 ABs resulting in outs.

They can't possibly be that bad.  It makes no sense.

It's tempting to take MLB.com up on its offer for television broadcasts the rest of the season, but I'm just saying No--already have enough depressants in my daily life and Oriole baseball is nothing if not daily and depressing.

3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I'm not listening and so I don't know, but the decline in Palmer's descriptive abilities and memory over the last two or so seasons has been fairly obvious, sad to say.

Maybe he needed Hunter's straightman feeds--and Thorne's inebriated energy--to stay sharp!

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yep

Yeah I rewound it. He did say that. 
He does enjoy correcting Scott. Last night Scott misjudged a long fly out and Palmer chuckled.  

He and Scott get along fine but it’s not that chemistry with Gary. Can’t recreate that. 

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

The Oriole always put enough runs on the board to TEASE YOU into thinking they can come back. Get the tie run, winning run to the plate... and then last inning third out thanks for coming out NYTOL! :new_wave:

Have a good evening!

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

0 for 30 with runners in scoring position.  That's just a damn joke.  Even if you have a .200 batting average, there should be about a tenth of percent chance of a sequence of 30 ABs resulting in outs.

They can't possibly be that bad.  It makes no sense.

The O's are pulling that 0-fer?