Saturday afternoon August 14: Chris Sale makes his first start of the season

SteveA

Just now, SteveA said:

Since the start of the Detroit series.  I don't what they did in the last AB(s) with RISP vs TB Sunday so I suppose it could be worse.

Wow that really is an anomaly. When the lineup has McKenna, Martin, Mateo and Wynns in it, just getting a hit is hard enough, regardless of how many runners are on. Also, Urias is pretty good RISP (.286 / .375) and he's been out.

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Hope Lopez can at least keep this up and eat some innings. 

Not something you want to deal with consistently.... but it does say something when you can soak up innings after a terrible start. 

Have to laugh  I genuinely thought he may hang around a little. HBP may have got into his head   

Just now, eddie83 said:

Brought this up I think last weekend. 

I am genuinely concerned we could see a 4-32 stretch like 2002. Our schedule doesn’t help right now. 

They will have earned it.

*Obviously I'm not talking about the individual players, who, aside from one lazy catcher, are, I'm sure, trying their best.*

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

They will have earned it.

*Obviously I'm not talking about the individual players, who, aside from one lazy catcher, are, I'm sure, trying their best.*

I’m not going back to the big topic this week right here but I do think Elias whiffed on the staff. I think he assumed more from young arms then what he got. And yes, I know he wasn’t pushing hard in FA. 

• Upvote 1