2021 Arizona Fall League Roster (Full squad announced)

Legend_Of_Joey

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is big. We’re actually sending legit prospects. This gives me hope that we could see 1-2 of Gunnar/Westburg/Cowser/Mayo go. 

Since the AFL is mostly for AA and up, with a few Hi A’s sprinkled in, I doubt we will see Cowser or Mayo.   Couid see one or both of the others, though.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, connja said:

I’m suprised about Stowers given he had a full season of at bats.   I’d prefer to let him go into the off-season on this high he should be on.

I also caught the MASN interview referenced above.  Stowers was asked if he was given anything specific to work on in the AFL and his response was along the lines of needing to get more at bats.  Sounded like they want him to catch up on missed at bats from last years.  Gotta imagine there is a decent chance Gunnar goes too.

5 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I also caught the MASN interview referenced above.  Stowers was asked if he was given anything specific to work on in the AFL and his response was along the lines of needing to get more at bats.  Sounded like they want him to catch up on missed at bats from last years.  Gotta imagine there is a decent chance Gunnar goes too.

We have a huge hole at SS and Westburg and Henderson are both in AA. If healthy, I don’t see why they wouldn’t send them. They can get instructional time after the 30 game AFL season. 

2 hours ago, connja said:

I’m suprised about Stowers given he had a full season of at bats.   I’d prefer to let him go into the off-season on this high he should be on.

I'm the complete opposite. He's got a huge problem with SO's - and he's no teenager at 23.  I want him to work at figuring out how to improve - whether it's a little bit or a lot.  Being ready to play in the Majors next year would be an enormous boost to his career.  This may be the opportunity of a lifetime for him.    

2 hours ago, connja said:

More at bats, seeing good pitching and refining his swing decisions. They may also be showcasing him for possible trades. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Ruzious said:

I'm the complete opposite. He's got a huge problem with SO's - and he's no teenager at 23.  I want him to work at figuring out how to improve - whether it's a little bit or a lot.  Being ready to play in the Majors next year would be an enormous boost to his career.  This may be the opportunity of a lifetime for him.    

This. His biggest weakness cannot be fixed with workouts, changing swing path, or anything else. He needs to see pitches and work on refining his strike zone judgement. He's always going to be a high K guy (which is fine if the rest of the roster isn't), but that's what he needs to work on most and getting more ABs is the best course of action for that. 

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Looks like Diaz is going too, which makes 2 outfielders. Probably a rotation of OF and DH.

For Diaz, this may be to see if he can get right in a different environment. They may have to make a decision on him this winter and if it's more of the same in Arizona, it may make it easier to say good bye. 

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I said "Who?" out loud when I read this. I have zero memory of the Orioles acquiring this guy. 

Yeah, I expect what is typically a hitter's league to favor hitters even more than usual, and guys like this to be the cannon fodder. With the 2020 season being canceled, I don't expect many decent pitching prospects to end up in the AFL this year.