My second half and final report card - 2021

Frobby

Looking at these guys as a group, its no surprise the O's lost 110 games.  That's before even looking at the pitchers, which will be even scarier.  Other than a few guys like Mullins, Mountcastle, Hays and Urias, most of these guys played like they had no business being in the majors.  The O's could improve a lot in 2022 by getting actual replacement level guys at areas of weakness. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Looking at these guys as a group, its no surprise the O's lost 110 games.  That's before even looking at the pitchers, which will be even scarier.  Other than a few guys like Mullins, Mountcastle, Hays and Urias, most of these guys played like they had no business being in the majors.  The O's could improve a lot in 2022 by getting actual replacement level guys at areas of weakness. 

Roughly 1/3 of the PA went to players I graded D or F.    That’s way too many.   

I was "ALL IN" until the Draft.  That's when I lost interest in the "Rebuild

I'm content to just wait until the Short season leagues resume playing.

And we'll have an all new class of Internationals to enjoy and post about.

I'll continue to watch for your posts, Mr Solicitor.

I think you were too hard on McKenna. He was average or better at all three OF positions and his sprint speed is 25th out of several hundred. He may not hit well but he’s a great late inning defender or pinch runner. And his hard-hit rate was just a little below average at 47th percentile. Until Neustrom or Stowers displaces him, he’s got to be the 4OF heir apparent.

And if Santander goes down or away, we can expect Stowers to leapfrog McKenna so even then, he’s be our 4OF.