The problem with extending Mancini

wildcard

I would love to keep Mancini around. As a fan, I love to see guys with long tenures. The Freddie Freemans and Ryan Zimmermans of the world winning World Series after long tenures with a team make for awesome feel good stories. 

Mancini has been a bright spot through much of this most recent downturn. It would be great to see him part of the solution, but the more I look at it, the less and less it makes sense. There's obviously a spot for him in 2022, but by 2023, that goes away unless Mancini returns to his 2019 form.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

That’s a hell of a ring..I hope Trey didn’t get screwed over on that one.

Well, you would know!   But he can afford to pay full retail.   

For some reason, I had thought they were engaged already.   Congrats to both.  

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No one should pay full retail!

I wonder what percentage of wedding rings are purchased that way.   I don’t even know what “full retail” means in this day and age.   I guess it’s what you’d pay if you shopped for a ring in your local indoor mall.   

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wonder what percentage of wedding rings are purchased that way.   I don’t even know what “full retail” means in this day and age.   I guess it’s what you’d pay if you shopped for a ring in your local indoor mall.   

I don't know the answer but I would be surprised if it was less than 75%.  People don't do their homework on these things, generally speaking.